Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

Just now, McLovin said:

You haven't really answered my question. We are supposedly paying the likes of Huddlestone big wages so we could have easily found a way especially for a player of Jota's quality. I'll ask you the same question I asked Mostyn, do you honestly think that wingers(discounting Lawrence) are good enough? We have next to no technical ability in the team.

What has Gallagher got to do with this? I didn't want him. Every man and his dog can see our wide areas(along with centre midfield) are our weaker areas.

You never asked me a question other than are the club lying about being within FFP limits, couldn't be arsed to answer that as is it's kinda obvious what happens if you continue to spend big money.

My thoughts on is this team good enough are irrelevant, I just wanted to point out that Jota will need paying a wage to come here which you seem to keep forgetting when talking about this bargain £6m fee, and that's where Gallagher comes in, the wages Birmingham are paying him are insane. What do you think they are offering Jota? Why would you go to Birmingham over Fulham who are not exactly being shy in spending themselves this season.

You have to balance the books and strengthen within your budget, Birmingham may have taken Jota out our budget with the current squad as it is, we have no power to force other clubs to take players off our hands. We're suffering from past seasons spendings, we now have to deal with that and possibly miss out on players in the process. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

You never asked me a question other than are the club lying about being within FFP limits, couldn't be arsed to answer that as is it's kinda obvious what happens if you continue to spend big money.

My thoughts on is this team good enough are irrelevant, I just wanted to point out that Jota will need paying a wage to come here which you seem to keep forgetting when talking about this bargain £6m fee, and that's where Gallagher comes in, the wages Birmingham are paying him are insane. What do you think they are offering Jota? Why would you go to Birmingham over Fulham who are not exactly being shy in spending themselves this season.

You have to balance the books and strengthen within your budget, Birmingham may have taken Jota out our budget with the current squad as it is, we have no power to force other clubs to take players off our hands. We're suffering from past seasons spendings, we now have to deal with that and possibly miss out on players in the process. 

As stated before, there is no suggestion by journalists that Jota is set to be paid silly wages at Birmingham. I've seen people say 35k a week which is not silly when we are supposedly paying the likes of Huddlestone, Davies, Johnson and Bent around the same. He didn't join Fulham because they are interested in forestieri(who their manager knows having worked with him at Watford)

I think the club are being honest when they say we are within ffp. And 6 Mil maybe a bargain price for Jota but when you take the whole transfer into account: 

Fee 6 Mil

Wages £40k pw = £2 Mil 

Plus whatever is agent wants and whatever other fees you have 

You are much closer to 9 or 10 Mil than 6 

We may not be 10 Mil under ffp and so can't afford the transfer 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As stated before, there is no suggestion by journalists that Jota is set to be paid silly wages at Birmingham. I've seen people say 35k a week which is not silly when we are supposedly paying the likes of Huddlestone, Davies, Johnson and Bent around the same. He didn't join Fulham because they are interested in forestieri(who their manager knows having worked with him at Watford)

Everywhere I've seen online is that Jota rejected Fulham to go Birmingham, nothing at all to do with Forestireri

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No he is suggesting if we aren't happy we go down the a52 and support Forest.

Tree puns aren't very poplar at the moment.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Well it is silly

Also I'm pretty sure somewhere someone worked out that Bent was on like £20k and everyone was super shocked it was so low

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Not my problem, we were repeatedly told we were well within ffp limits or were club lying to the fans?

We may be within the limits of FFP but at the forum it was said we operate to the maximum that FFP allows.

Say we sign Jota for £6m and give him a £40k a week contract, £10k a week more than we pay anyone else and out of our budget, the next thing you have x player, y player and z player all wanting a pay rise and a new contract, suddenly you have gone from operating within budget to going over budget and desperately needing to shift more players than we already were wanting to, just to balance the books. Or we could turn those players down and have a squad of unhappy players because one player is earning considerably more than the rest of the squad.

17 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

If it makes everyone feel better I signed Jota for Derby on Football Manager for £5.25m and he was turd. I ended up dropping him and recalling Russell.

And there lies the warning - actually Russell has ended up better than nearly all we sign! 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

We may be within the limits of FFP but at the forum it was said we operate to the maximum that FFP allows.

Say we sign Jota for £6m and give him a £40k a week contract, £10k a week more than we pay anyone else and out of our budget, the next thing you have x player, y player and z player all wanting a pay rise and a new contract, suddenly you have gone from operating within budget to going over budget and desperately needing to shift more players than we already were wanting to, just to balance the books. Or we could turn those players down and have a squad of unhappy players because one player is earning considerably more than the rest of the squad.

Spot on, I rumour I heard  when we signed Blackman that nearly everybody just downed tools at his wage compared to ability 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

This is where good management comes in ....i agree paying someone like Jota too much might upset a few but Johnson,Huddlestone and I suspect a few others will be on fairly good wages and probably comparable to what we'd offer Jota..put it this way we will definitely offer more than what Brentford are currently paying him and if someone offers silly money then so be it and we don't get involved but I can't see any evidence that says his wage demands are high thats what people are speculating and may well be true.

I think the fact we haven't offloaded a few more is what is tying our hands a bit but GR did say incomings would not be dependant on outgoings and we are within FFP....I still see us as one of the teams in this division that can compete with the best in this division regarding wages maybe Villa apart....but maybe i'm wrong to think that

12:41

JOTA UPDATE

Birmingham City are close to matching their club-record fee, and should sign Jota from Brentford later this afternoon.

He's agreed personal terms, and is now completing the last part of his medical.

On sky sports transfer centre page 

6 minutes ago, UrbanRam said:

12:41

JOTA UPDATE

Birmingham City are close to matching their club-record fee, and should sign Jota from Brentford later this afternoon.

He's agreed personal terms, and is now completing the last part of his medical.

On sky sports transfer centre page 

That should leave Cotterill free for us :ph34r:

Archived