Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

18 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don't care about his wages if he is going to improve the squad and help us get promotion then do it. Some derby fans wouldn't be happy if we signed Messi because of his wages.

That right there is why you are not he chairman or FD of a football club. I presume there are other reasons too but that would be a big one. 

Big wages causes more than just a big wage bill. It puts existing players noses out of joint. It creates divisions. Particularly if it so grossly inflated against others. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very disappointed at this. 6 million is a snip for a player of his quality. Looks like we are going to have to put with Russell for the rest of the season at least before he is hopefully released when his contract expires.

Careful...you'll upset Sparkle he seems to think he's worth 7m....lol :lol:

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very disappointed at this. 6 million is a snip for a player of his quality. Looks like we are going to have to put with Russell for the rest of the season at least before he is hopefully released when his contract expires.

It's really important to note that the fee is important but the total cost of the transaction has to be looked into. If it's a 4 year contract at 50k a week it's a six million few but a £16million total outlay. 

he's a highlights player at best, as soon as you lot realise he only touches the ball 5 times a game and never tracks back, and doesn't smile, you'd be on his back and calling our recruitment team rubbish and slagging off Mel for paying over the odds.

Get a grip FFS. If he was that good, why did he never get them promoted? they were already better than us, why are they near the bottom (or bottom)?, why have no big teams gone in for him?.

Derby fans need to stop casting lustful glances over at players they see ten second clips of!

6 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's really important to note that the fee is important but the total cost of the transaction has to be looked into. If it's a 4 year contract at 50k a week it's a six million few but a £16million total outlay. 

And what about what we are paying the likes of Johnson and Bent?

no one knows what he's been offered at Brum....but surely we are competitive and on a similar scale to Brum....if Arry has paid him thousands more than we wanted to fair enough I agree walk away  but hopefully teams like Brum aren't blowing us out of the water or who or what calibre of player are we hoping to sign ??

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

he's a highlights player at best, as soon as you lot realise he only touches the ball 5 times a game and never tracks back, and doesn't smile, you'd be on his back and calling our recruitment team rubbish and slagging off Mel for paying over the odds.

Get a grip FFS. If he was that good, why did he never get them promoted? they were already better than us, why are they near the bottom (or bottom)?, why have no big teams gone in for him?.

Derby fans need to stop casting lustful glances over at players they see ten second clips of!

You have obviously never watched him play man. He's not a luxury player by any stretch of the imagination, he works so hard. He's the only realistic player we could have got who would have been an upgrade on Ince and for only 6 million? That's an absolute bargain. One player can't get a team promoted, especially when they lost their best players season after season. Also some big clubs were supposedly after him like West Ham.

He pretty much single handedly destroyed us last season when Brentford smashed us 4-0.

You honestly think our current wingers are better than him?

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

IMG_0003.GIF

Just now, McLovin said:

Jota would have genuinely turned us from a team that would struggle to make the top 6 to a team fighting for automatic promotion. Brum have got themselves a gem.

Totally Agree my mates a Brentford STH and he said is far and away there best player and for 6m ....:(....does this mean Cotterill on his way to us....:(

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

We are already contractually obliged to pay them. What has happened has happened. It's up to the club now to ensure that doesn't happen again. 

So let's not spend money ever again then and be happy with midtable mediocrity watching hoof ball!

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You have obviously never watched him play man. He's not a luxury player by any stretch of the imagination, he works so hard. He's the only realistic player we could have got who would have been an upgrade on Ince and for only 6 million? That's an absolute bargain. One player can't get a team promoted, especially when they lost their best players season after season. Also some big clubs were supposedly after him like West Ham.

He pretty much single handedly destroyed us last season when Brentford smashed us 4-0.

You honestly think our current wingers are better than him?

I'm more concerned with the lack of coaching and identity evident in our play. We can sign a million players, but you can only pick 11, and unless they are organised, happy and motivated, it makes no difference.

We have several players who were previously the BEST player at a club in this division, yet fans want us to continually add more. 

There is more evidence to suggest that Jota would make no difference whatsoever, than to make a positive difference, and that evidence is:-

• he's not as good as Ince was, and Ince never got us promoted
  • none of our players are currently playing at 7/10 or better
  • we are not an attacking side
  • wingers are pointless with no aerial threat
  • we are workmanlike side where most players are expected behind the ball, a traditional winger would not thrive in this setup

Whilst I'm swerving the winger question, simply I think it's irrelevant cos of the structure of the team. 

Just now, Moist One said:

• we are workmanlike side where most players are expected behind the ball, a traditional winger would not thrive in this setup

This makes me so excited about this season. Simply a fantastic turnaround.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

I'm more concerned with the lack of coaching and identity evident in our play. We can sign a million players, but you can only pick 11, and unless they are organised, happy and motivated, it makes no difference.

We have several players who were previously the BEST player at a club in this division, yet fans want us to continually add more. 

There is more evidence to suggest that Jota would make no difference whatsoever, than to make a positive difference, and that evidence is:-

Whilst I'm swerving the winger question, simply I think it's irrelevant cos of the structure of the team. 

I disagree, I think he is better than Ince(before anyone moans I was a fan of Ince). Jota is not a traditional winger. He is a creative winger that comes inside which is what we are lacking and would form a good understanding with the likes of Martin. In the game against Sheffield United, only Huddlestone of our front 6 was comfortable on the ball and when Sheff Utd closed him down we ran out of ideas. If you saw Wolves, every one of their front player were comfortable with passing and moving. We desperately need more players who are comfortable on the ball otherwise our strikers will be useless and end up dropping deeper and deeper.

Archived