Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Let's make a late desperate bid including one of our best players like Butterfield or Anya.

Brentford sign players based on results and potential which kills them two! But I see your humour! 

If there is a positive from this then at least he isn't going to Fulham 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me thinks Jota is a huge gamble, he obviously has talent and a high sperm count, but in essence his form over 6 months this year is the only time he's really impressed and he doesn't look like he's carrrying it on this season so far. Lawrence a better option for me.

9 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Surely it's villa and not Birmingham? Also what's the source?

This player would tick so many boxes for us. Not really excited about any of our signings so far apart from Huddelstone.

Harry Redknapp confirmed it on talkSPORT.

Be a fantastic signing for anyone in his division.

I know arry likes to spend other peoples money but you have to admit he's very good at getting players in....no doubt we'll see him on SSN this evening leaning out of his car window saying he's not doing any business... then signing 3 new players lol

perhaps we should've kept him on as transfer negotiator...take the weight off of GR's shoulders..:whistle:

It doesn't matter what the fee is if the wages are going to be huge.

If Jota wanted £15k a week then there would be a lot more teams in for him. John Terry was available on a free. If he wanted £15k a week then I'm sure we'd have been in for him too. Birmingham offered him £100k a week, that's pure madness.

Sam Gallagher who we 'missed out on'. He's been reported to be on 43 grand a week at Birmingham. It's the first case I've heard of where a player has got a wage rise for going out on loan.

There's potentially £85,000 a week in wages for Jota and Gallagher but some would have been thrilled to see both join. The same people would then call the club and the board idiots when FFP was eventually failed.

Not signing players you can't afford is probably a good idea when you come to think of it. Birmingham, unless promoted, will likely suffer for doing the opposite.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It doesn't matter what the fee is if the wages are going to be huge.

If Jota wanted £15k a week then there would be a lot more teams in for him. John Terry was available on a free. If he wanted £15k a week then I'm sure we'd have been in for him too. Birmingham offered him £100k a week, that's pure madness.

Sam Gallagher who we 'missed out on'. He's been reported to be on 43 grand a week at Birmingham. It's the first case I've heard of where a player has got a wage rise for going out on loan.

There's potentially £85,000 a week in wages for Jota and Gallagher but some would have been thrilled to see both join. The same people would then call the club and the board idiots when FFP was eventually failed.

Not signing players you can't afford is probably a good idea when you come to think of it. Birmingham, unless promoted, will likely suffer for doing the opposite.

on talksport arry said he couldn't afford John Terry because although he was free the wages were too high and then said he would've loved him at Brum but didn't want to waste all of his budget on one player rather than getting a few in that was required....If Jota goes to Brum thats two players (Jota and  Mark Roberts ) who Brum got that I think wouldve been decent signings for us...

It's odd because he's such a fine player, but despite 100 pages of thread, I'm pretty sure our splendid recruitment team hasn't suggested we go for Jota, even as the price tumbles.

Similarly, they were never interested in the likes of Knockaert and Forestieri until the price went sky high. We probably will show interest next season for a bargain 20 million after he's done well (again). 

Archived