Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/8/2017 at 00:44, Kernow said:
1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wanted Jota, but I believed he was in it for the football and not the money, fool that I am...im glad we didn't get him 

Will love it when he gets hit !by Huddlestone,  Johnson and Kieftenbeld simultaneously! 

Listening to Jota being interviewed on Sky after completing his move yesterday made me think how lucky we are not landing this guy. It was embarrassing listerning to him struggling to think of reasons why he joined Birmingham apart from he will be playing for 'a top manager of England' 

All about the money.

50 minutes ago, superfit said:

Listening to Jota being interviewed on Sky after completing his move yesterday made me think how lucky we are not landing this guy. It was embarrassing listerning to him struggling to think of reasons why he joined Birmingham apart from he will be playing for 'a top manager of England' 

All about the money.

Get over yourself, why should footballers not get as much as they can during their short career? Why would he care if he's a Birmingham, Fulham or Derby? He has no affiliation with these clubs, it's a job.

I actually don't think 40k a week is that bad for Jota. I don't think anyone will be calling it a bargain, no, but in comparison to what some others are paid at this level then I don't necessarily see an issue for what is a proven performer, certainly with the ability to win matches and probably play consistently at a higher level. 

I guess whichever way you look at it, it's still 20k-a-week less than Assombalonga and I know who I'd rather have in my team. 

28 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I actually don't think 40k a week is that bad for Jota. I don't think anyone will be calling it a bargain, no, but in comparison to what some others are paid at this level then I don't necessarily see an issue for what is a proven performer, certainly with the ability to win matches and probably play consistently at a higher level. 

I guess whichever way you look at it, it's still 20k-a-week less than Assombalonga and I know who I'd rather have in my team. 

Assombalonga is really on 60? Blimey.

14 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Assombalonga is really on 60? Blimey.

Without having the luxury of seeing his bank statement, I can only go off what's been reported: http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-land-nottingham-forest-star-194709 

It's likely b*******, but so could be Jota on 40k.

In fact, I'd go as far in saying that 90% of the figures mentioned for wages are fabricated and 100% of them certainly don't tell the whole story, i.e. over/under stating bonuses and clauses. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Depends greatly who you compare to. Assombalonga is a good shout, Lingard with 100K would be better as he is pretty similar to Jota, just not as good. Of course, you could go abroad and pick for example Dybala with his 50K per week...

Salaries in England have and are still rising amazingly fast, thanks to Sky.

The guy is fast looking like a nobwand. 99% certain if Birmingham don't go up, even if he underperforms, he'll be sulking around and looking to move again. Still only played 6 months of decent football in his career and is so much riskier than Lawrence. Might set the league on fire this season or maybe not. Will be interesting to sit back and watch.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

The guy is fast looking like a nobwand. 99% certain if Birmingham don't go up, even if he underperforms, he'll be sulking around and looking to move again. Still only played 6 months of decent football in his career and is so much riskier than Lawrence. Might set the league on fire this season or maybe not. Will be interesting to sit back and watch.

Would he still be looking like a 'nobwand' in your view if we'd matched the wages and chosen us instead of Birmingham?

56 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Would he still be looking like a 'nobwand' in your view if we'd matched the wages and chosen us instead of Birmingham?

No will be better of with Lawrence long term Brentford fans say he is very inconsistent and sulky Surprising no Prem teams would take a gamble on him always looks a threat when I've seen him 

Following the fans forum and the transfers the club wanted to make and the transfers the club didn't want to make it appears that Jota wasn't likely to join us based on transfer fee and wage demands.

we the supporters were setting our sights to high or too rich. I think from now on reality has taken hold

Archived