Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

We don't know that we didn't go in for him at £6m and that GR would agree with you that he would improve our creativity. But perhaps Mr Jota wants to go to a club just because they pay him more money, more than we think he's worth.

Alternatively, of course, perhaps Steve Nicholson is correct and he was never on our target list anyway, whatever he wanted.

All I recall of my 2 years spent in Brum were curries in the Balti triangle and the big Christmas Market.

Attractions are a bit thin on the ground in Brum, but I'm sure a fair wedge of the folding stuff would be adequate compensation - or perhaps it is the chance to play at the Estadio de Small Heath:lol:

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Feel like we should be able to compete with Birmingham when it comes to signing players. I hope this was more a case of us sticking to our guns around a player's value and club wage structure. 

I suspect it's probably a case of having precious little room for manoeuvre regarding FFP due to previous seasons over spending. Just my opinion...

Just now, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I suspect it's probably case of having precious little room for manoeuvre regarding FFP due to previous seasons over spending. Just my opinion...

And as previous quoted by a fellow forum member...... paying the price for poor purchases in the last 2/3 seasons. Sooner the better as contracts expire and the crap removed from our club - can we move on. We have players from 3/4 managers in 2 years! (Approx) (I've had a JD) (double) (Hic)... (x)

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Feel like we should be able to compete with Birmingham when it comes to signing players. I hope this was more a case of us sticking to our guns around a player's value and club wage structure. 

Why do you feel that we should be able to do that?? Im afraid our days of being the championship big spenders have come and gone. Its not sustainable to keep spending big money year after year.

Our best chance of going up.has been and gone. 

4 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Judging by the reactions on this post, I can only assume that Jota is the only player in the world with any ability, and we've missed out on signing him. 

He's signed for Birmingham so must be s***

Archived