Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

MORE JOTA DETAIL

It looked like Jota was bound for Craven Cottage with negotiations well advanced, but Harry Redknapp and Birmingham has come in at the last minute with a bigger offer.

We've been told a fee of around £6m has been agreed, and the player is on his way to the West Midlands to complete a medical.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coxbenchram said:

MORE JOTA DETAIL

It looked like Jota was bound for Craven Cottage with negotiations well advanced, but Harry Redknapp and Birmingham has come in at the last minute with a bigger offer.

We've been told a fee of around £6m has been agreed, and the player is on his way to the West Midlands to complete a medical.

Harry bankrupting another club , makes you realise what could have happened here! 

Clearly moving for the money - Brentford to Fulham would mean he wouldnt really have to move house etc as well as going to a club with imo more chance of promotion to Birmingham for a bigger pay cheque

Still if Birmingham's offer isn't too ridiculous we should hijack the move! :lol:

This proves we don't have the resources to sign the players that Rowett wants. If anyone at our club uses the line "it isn't a buyers market" sack them, sack them now!

Jota was supposedly our number 1 target at one point, and he would have been way ahead of Lawrence for me, 6 million is ridiculously cheap. Birmingham City, another club stepping over us on the way up.

Interesting this one. Either

we dont have the £6 million transfer fee? 

Our manager doesn't want him?

or simply Arry's Dog has offered an obscene amount of wages? They did offer John Terry £100,000 a week as Villa did.

A shame for us as I would have liked him as he would have brought an extra bit of quality 

Interesting if true (and we don't know what kind of wages are involved) It's all about opinions of course but for me Jota is the best player we have been linked with all summer. To hear that he might be off to Birmingham for a similar fee we payed for Lawrence is surprising.

I can't help but think we may have missed out on a player who would undoubtedly have improved us in a position we desperately needed and at a fairly reasonable price in today's market. 

I'm not blaming Rowett. He obviously rates Lawrence very highly and as manager he will sink or swim on the decisions he makes. It is also looking more and more likely that either Mel is righteously enforcing a sell to buy policy and/or things are far tighter at the club financially than they have been in previous seasons. Rowett must therefore weigh up the pros and cos far more carefully than former managers before moving on a player. Rebuilding on a limited budget can't be easy. 

The ten year old in me is still having a bit of a sulk though...:ermm:

3 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

So who of Huddlestone, Davies, Wisdom, Lawrence is rubbish, exactly?

I am with you there, we signed all of them from teams in the premiership last season but that's not good enough for some of our fantasy managers.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This proves we don't have the resources to sign the players that Rowett wants. If anyone at our club uses the line "it isn't a buyers market" sack them, sack them now!

Jota was supposedly our number 1 target at one point, and he would have been way ahead of Lawrence for me, 6 million is ridiculously cheap. Birmingham City, another club stepping over us on the way up.

I would love us to sign Jota but tell me exactly when someone with any clout at the club said he was our number one target because I've not seen it reported anywhere 

Archived