Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.5 million is a great deal. Even if Cov do have a 10/15% sell on. Pretty much covered the Wisdom initial fee straight off the bat. 

All the best Cyrus, hope it works out. Guaranteed to have 2 absolute storming games against us next year just like the whole of Boro's first 11 normally do. 

20 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Basically swapping RB's for the same fee and getting a better player is good business. 

All true, provided that wisdom is as good when we had him last time

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

When we signed him, there was a decent sized sell on fee to Cov due to the minimal fee mind

If so then that is good for Coventry but I do hope we have inserted a similar clause because I think he will be sold on for more in a few years 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Sad to see him go, I've always liked him but that fee and sell on is decent in last year of contract 

Yep I agree with you and the transfer fee feels about right for a decent international wing back in the last year of his contract 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Boro spent a combined 8.5m on Christie and Howson. Seems a bit overpriced to me! But read the other day that they have over 40m to spend! 

Supposedly to get Britt from Forest.. 

They also 'agreed' £2.5m fee for Swansea player Nathan Dyer according Swans online (or whatever it is called)

Very happy with the deal here, for a change.

If the deal is around £2m-£2.5m then we're basically getting our initial outlay on Wisdom back. The sell-on fee will give us the potential to get an even better deal in the future.

Realistically, he wouldn't have played many games this season. Wisdom was ever-present after joining us on loan. If that happens again, I don't see Christie getting a look in. I think Baird would even be favoured on the bench due to his versatility. How often do you make a right back substitution?

Christie has a year left on his contract. I'm pretty confident he'd have left for free this time next year anyway. He'll be 25 by this point meaning we wouldn't be entitled to any compensation.

He's going to Boro, a favourite for promotion but I don't really think he strengthens them. Decent enough player but would I be worried to see him in an oppositions starting 11? Probably not.

Great deal all round, well done to those involved.

Rising upto 4m i told you guys we get over 2m when some saying sell him lot less and made a good profit on him. And plus sell on fee as well. So what boro sell him on for in the future we get decent money from it.

Always sad to see a player leave when they've given their best, but I think considering the fee we've got essentially pays for the Wisdom transfer it's a great deal for us. If someone had said we could straight swap Christie for Wisdom I'd have had their hand off.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Very happy with the deal here, for a change.

If the deal is around £2m-£2.5m then we're basically getting our initial outlay on Wisdom back. The sell-on fee will give us the potential to get an even better deal in the future.

Realistically, he wouldn't have played many games this season. Wisdom was ever-present after joining us on loan. If that happens again, I don't see Christie getting a look in. I think Baird would even be favoured on the bench due to his versatility. How often do you make a right back substitution?

Christie has a year left on his contract. I'm pretty confident he'd have left for free this time next year anyway. He'll be 25 by this point meaning we wouldn't be entitled to any compensation.

He's going to Boro, a favourite for promotion but I don't really think he strengthens them. Decent enough player but would I be worried to see him in an oppositions starting 11? Probably not.

Great deal all round, well done to those involved.

I might be worried if Olson was at left back - not trying to be negative but a possibility 

Archived