Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We will roast him home and away with our new very, very high quality Ince replacement.

Christies a right back. 

He's got our other wingers coming at him, not our very very high quality Ince replacement.

We'll be alright though, because Christie will never be in a position to tackle them. ;) 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good deal this.  What did we pay for him, £200k?  Good profit on a 3rd choice right back, with a year left on his contract.  Pay's Wisdom's initial fee.  Doesn't overly strengthen a promotion rival's team.

Colour me happy with this one...

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Boro spent a combined 8.5m on Christie and Howson. Seems a bit overpriced to me! But read the other day that they have over 40m to spend! 

£7m actually. Which, considering Norwich fans wanted £10m for Howson is pretty good.

Good luck to him.

If he ever puts all the good bits of his game together consistently he'll be a hell of good player.

Gave his best for us and leaves with my best wishes.

Reflecting on him, Clement trying to sell him and being behind Baird he kept pushing his way back into the team. Good character.

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We 'might' get around £23 million if the add ons for Hughes ever amount to anything, up front we have got less and may never see the full value depending on what the add ons are.

Depends who people choose to believe doesn't it!

Personally I like to trust only the information coming from John Percy and @OwenB87 which would put the fees at Hughes £8m + potential £2.5m in addons + sell on %, Ince £8.5m + £2.8m in almost certain add-ons & Christie £2.5m + a sell on %.

Total fees of £19m + £2.8m in almost certain add-ons (Ince) + £2.5m in potential add-ons + a sell on % (Hughes) + sell on % Christie.

Doesn't sound like a ball park figure of £23m is too far out, unless people (not you) choose to pick all the lowest quoted figures (mainly from sky sports) in order to suit their own agenda/argument against people running the club.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Christies a right back. 

He's got our other wingers coming at him, not our very very high quality Ince replacement.

We'll be alright though, because Christie will never be in a position to tackle them. ;) 

We don't know that it will be a direct replacement.

We have others who can play on the right

But Christie will be left confused and trampled by Forsyth

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Very good deal this.  What did we pay for him, £200k?  Good profit on a 3rd choice right back, with a year left on his contract.  Pay's Wisdom's initial fee.  Doesn't overly strengthen a promotion rival's team.

Colour me happy with this one...

Reported as 100k compensation deal as he was out of contract but under 24. Could have gone to tribunal, but I would assume as part of the compensation deal with Coventry they get a good sell on fee for agreeing to deal so low. Maybe as much as 600k of the 2.5m fee will go to Coventry. 

Just speculating though. 

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Reported as 100k compensation deal as he was out of contract but under 24. Could have gone to tribunal, but I would assume as part of the compensation deal with Coventry they get a good sell on fee for agreeing to deal so low. Maybe as much as 600k of the 2.5m fee will go to Coventry. 

Just speculating though. 

Shame, that'll go right into Sisu's back pocket...

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I'm reading £2.5m for Christie and £6m for Howson. 

£2m initial for Christie and £5m for Howson is the only figures I've seen from reliable sources. Not forgetting you probably still owe us a bit of the Nugent fee which I imagine would just be written off between the two clubs rather than having payments going both ways.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We don't know that it will be a direct replacement.

We have others who can play on the right

But Christie will be left confused and trampled by Forsyth

Christie will be in our half, looking up at the sky distraught as he realises he just used all of his energy trying to run past our entire team.

I do like the guy though, and wish him well. He's quite an entertaining player. Something that (in my humble opinion) boro lack. So there's that.

Just now, BoroWill said:

£2m initial for Christie and £5m for Howson is the only figures I've seen from reliable sources. Not forgetting you probably still owe us a bit of the Nugent fee which I imagine would just be written off between the two clubs rather than having payments going both ways.

Our BBC reporter says 2.5m for Christie so that's the fee I'm going for. Don't have a clue about the Howson one so I'd take your word for it 

Archived