Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

Everyone will have their opinions on whether we should have let players go or not, but getting £23m for the three that have gone seems to be good business.

We 'might' get around £23 million if the add ons for Hughes ever amount to anything, up front we have got less and may never see the full value depending on what the add ons are.

Definitely happy with the fee, think we've ripped Boro off if I'm honest.

I'm hoping for at least one fairly substantial signing before the start of the season though, I'm all for selling players if Rowett doesn't have them in his plans but I would like to see him bring in someone fairly big name who he would like in his plans.

1 minute ago, RamBamFan said:

Everyone will have their opinions on whether we should have let players go or not, but getting £23m for the three that have gone seems to be good business.

What metrics are you using to formulate your opinion that it's good business?

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Basically swapping RB's for the same fee and getting a better player is good business. 

Too right, he would have been unhappy not starting, this is a good move for club and player. Could easily have lost confidence, been disruptive etc. Good price with that scenario possible. 

9 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Great fee for our 3rd choice right back. Best of luck to him. 

Agreed, that's why it's such good business.

Archived