Official: Cyrus Christie joins Middlesbrough

DCFC1388

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another player who I quite like but also another I'm not sure we'll miss that much.  Flatters to deceive a bit with his eye catching but more often than not fruitless bursts down the wing.  

If he goes, then the first three out the door this summer wouldn't have been my first three choices, but I gues you can only sell the players others want to buy.  My only real gripe is that concrete rumours on players oming in seem to have dried up a bit.  Need my daily rumour fix!!

47 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I find it bizarre that more clubs are in for Christie than our two [ex] prize assets, Hughes and Ince.

Not surprising at all if you consider the clubs that have come in for him.

Championship sides looking for a good championship player to strengthen their squads. But maybe not good enough for the Premiership.

Ince and Hughes are not really proven above the championship and Hughes certainly hasn't set the world alight in the championship, But better than the championship and only perceived to be good enough for the bottom feeders at the moment. Hence only a couple of clubs 

13 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Another player who I quite like but also another I'm not sure we'll miss that much.  Flatters to deceive a bit with his eye catching but more often than not fruitless bursts down the wing.  

If he goes, then the first three out the door this summer wouldn't have been my first three choices, but I gues you can only sell the players others want to buy.  My only real gripe is that concrete rumours on players oming in seem to have dried up a bit.  Need my daily rumour fix!!

You didn't want Camara leave? :whistle:

Christie is the perfect candidate for a YouTube reel. I watched the one posted on here not long back, he looked like a world beater, one of the most skillfull right back I have ever seen and made me not want to sell him.

But, when I close my eyes I can see Cyrus on a Saturday, beat a man, beat him again, then again, before spooning the ball into the east stand.

Although I do think he will do well at Boro, will look comfortable in the Prem and Everton will eventually sign him for 45.8 million.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

all 3 would have been in my first team. But then I liked the McClaren possession based style with a bit more cavalier attacking down the flanks.  Appreciate GR wants something more solid, physical etc and so the players out don't suit his planned style.

I'm a bit nervous I won't enjoy watching the GR style but that's what Mel has chosen 

2 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I find it bizarre that more clubs are in for Christie than our two [ex] prize assets, Hughes and Ince.

Full international who attacks from right back, variable delivery but high potential- lots of clubs want them

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Perhaps he's a very good young player available at a knockdown price ? 

Yep, reality of being in the last year of his contract- we would be foolish not to sell in this window unless he wants to stay

I like Christie and think he can get better, i think he offers a good attacking option down the right. However Wisdom will be first choice (and i like him as well) so for me sell as we have another option as back up. 1.5 mil would be good and about right, Ireland international and reg in a decent Championship team (because of where we finished)

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Christie is the perfect candidate for a YouTube reel. I watched the one posted on here not long back, he looked like a world beater, one of the most skillfull right back I have ever seen and made me not want to sell him.

But, when I close my eyes I can see Cyrus on a Saturday, beat a man, beat him again, then again, before spooning the ball into the east stand.

Although I do think he will do well at Boro, will look comfortable in the Prem and Everton will eventually sign him for 45.8 million.

Better insert a sell on clause then.

58 minutes ago, feisty said:

all 3 would have been in my first team. But then I liked the McClaren possession based style with a bit more cavalier attacking down the flanks.  Appreciate GR wants something more solid, physical etc and so the players out don't suit his planned style.

I'm a bit nervous I won't enjoy watching the GR style but that's what Mel has chosen 

But if we win well and boss other teams both tactically and Physically it's the way to win promotion from this division. 

I personally have hated the games where we've been bullied and kicked around over recent years, hopefully the boot is on the other foot ??

37 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Better insert a sell on clause then.

Should always insert a sell-on clause, you never know how things will turn out.

Prime example - Marc Roberts. Played for Buxton for a couple of seasons, let him go to Halifax (not sure if they got a fee, whether there's a sell-on arrangement, or indeed, if he was only on loan)

From Halifax to Barnsley, and now to Brum on a 5 year deal, fee rumoured to be 3.5 million.

Think what a percentage of that could do for a club the size of Buxton.

mumblemumble
1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Should always insert a sell-on clause, you never know how things will turn out.

Prime example - Marc Roberts. Played for Buxton for a couple of seasons, let him go to Halifax (not sure if they got a fee, whether there's a sell-on arrangement, or indeed, if he was only on loan)

From Halifax to Barnsley, and now to Brum on a 5 year deal, fee rumoured to be 3.5 million.

Think what a percentage of that could do for a club the size of Buxton.

Sell on fee would only apply from Halifax to Barnsley.

52 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

But if we win well and boss other teams both tactically and Physically it's the way to win promotion from this division. 

I personally have hated the games where we've been bullied and kicked around over recent years, hopefully the boot is on the other foot ??

Spot on. I am looking forward to seeing 11 versus11for a change.as Russell said no hiding place for anyone .

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Bradley Johnson, or the return of Thorne.

Not sure about Bradley Johnson, unless he starts to show the form he was in when he was at Norwich; I think if Thorne stays fit the entire season he'll make an enormous difference in CM especially now we've lost Hughes

I want Bradders rampaging into the box with GT and one other sitting.

He has a good shot and is good in the air.

He has more physical presence than Butterfield and Bryson and can make himself a nuisance. 

However, it's pointless speculating until the trading is complete.

Archived