Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Is that 'official then?

Not official but very reliable and shows that it is more than just 'rumours' because he's one of the most trusted journalists out there. It wouldn't be 'official' until we reject or accept a bid

Put it this way. We could potentially get more for keogh than we would pay for davies(500k) and wisdom(latest is saying they will accept £2m). This is the wheeling and dealing we need to do. I rate keogh but getting these two quality players in for those prices is great. 

Steve Nicholson

"I checked out the speculation over Richard Keogh last week and could find nothing concrete.

"Yes, there has been reports in national papers but Derby boss Gary Rowett told me last week that there had not been a "fantastic amount" of contact from other clubs for Derby's players but he expected that would pick up over the summer. 

Fans on their site seem fairly confident that he's due to be announced as a Wednesday player fairly soon.

If true, I personally will be extremely disappointed especially if the fee is low. I would be extremely surprised to see Curtis Davies outperform him. I think Davies is a solid signing, but for me Keogh is a better player.

If he does go, I really hope it's for £5m+.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fans on their site seem fairly confident that he's due to be announced as a Wednesday player fairly soon.

If true, I personally will be extremely disappointed especially if the fee is low. I would be extremely surprised to see Curtis Davies outperform him. I think Davies is a solid signing, but for me Keogh is a better player.

Do you have a link to the site?

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I bloody hope not Tom Lee's and Keogh is a good defence.

I will not be happy if Keogh goes. One of the few players we have who truly cares about this club and knows what it means to play for this club. Plus, he's a bloody good defender and I suspect a lot of his detractors will only realise this when he's gone. 

If he does go, we can say goodbye to any hope of passing the football from the back, because he's the only one who can do it. I, personally, like to see that and am not a fan of the so called 'functional' style that many fans want us to adopt. If Keogh goes, we'll have a good insight into what Rowett wants next season.

Don't fancy reading through their forum pages. What's the general feeling towards possibly getting Keogh? Are they happy with the idea, or have they read on here that he's the only Champonship player who's always got a mistake in him?

On 12/06/2017 at 11:49, admira said:

Whilst he is a decent player, I do feel the dark shadow of Wembley 2014 will  always hang over us while he is still at the club.

Give over. So he miskicked a clearance that 2 other players had already made a mess of by the corner flag, not to mention the fact that we played half an hour without getting anywhere near to scoring a goal against 10 men. I'm no cheer leader for Keogh but find it pathetic that one mistake is regularly dredged up against him when the game should have been won by the time the mistake was made. Dark shadow my arse.

Sell him tomorrow if someone offered 4million.

He needs a fresh challenge, ditto Bryson and Russell. I'd be more confident of a backline of

Baird Davies Wisdom, Forsyth

Than 

Christie  Keogh Pearce Olson.

Take the money and get Roberts from Barnsley if needs be

12 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Sell him tomorrow if someone offered 4million.

He needs a fresh challenge, ditto Bryson and Russell. I'd be more confident of a backline of

Baird Davies Wisdom, Forsyth

Than 

Christie  Keogh Pearce Olson.

Take the money and get Roberts from Barnsley if needs be

Doesn't have to be that way though? 

How nice does wisdom, keogh, davies and Forsyth sound?;)

Archived