Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cannable said:

The most annoying thing about possibly spending £Xm on a lump is that Albentosa's proven to be a top flight class lump but was just here at the wrong time.

He wasn't given anything like enough time to settle. Which is tragic given the dross we endure here. 

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Oh i'd love for that. Highly doubt it'll happen tho...

What's your reasoning behind it? The fact he can't pass, is immobile, mistake prone, couldn't get in the Newcastle side and gets berated when playing for Scotland. What makes you think that this player is the perfect replacement for Keogh? 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

What's your reasoning behind it? The fact he can't pass, is immobile, mistake prone, couldn't get in the Newcastle side and gets berated when playing for Scotland. What makes you think that this player is the perfect replacement for Keogh? 

Why you up on your high horse? He's shown his quality while at Blackburn and had a tough time at Newcastle for 1 season. If I want to say that i'd like him to play instead of Keogh, I can. My opinion. I understand you don't agree with that opinion but you don't have to challenge mine every single time I post. 

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

The most annoying thing about possibly spending £Xm on a lump is that Albentosa's proven to be a top flight class lump but was just here at the wrong time.

Albentosa was one of the slowest professional footballers I have ever seen.

He ran like he was chewing a toffee with his arse.

That he is successful in Spain says more about the relative pace of games there rather than his talent.

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Why you up on your high horse? He's shown his quality while at Blackburn and had a tough time at Newcastle for 1 season. If I want to say that i'd like him to play instead of Keogh, I can. My opinion. I understand you don't agree with that opinion but you don't have to challenge mine every single time I post. 

Im just asking for you to back your opinions. It's like me saying we should replace Will Hughes with Grant Leabitter and if someone challenged me I reply with 'it's just my opinion' with no reasoning behind it. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Im just asking for you to back your opinions. It's like me saying we should replace Will Hughes with Grant Leabitter and if someone challenged me I reply with 'it's just my opinion' with no reasoning behind it. 

But i've explained my reasons? I think he's a very good defender at this level who reads the game very well. To be honest, I've never seen him make these mistakes that the papers were blasting him for. But I think he has potential to improve past Keogh. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Albentosa was one of the slowest professional footballers I have ever seen.

He ran like he was chewing a toffee with his arse.

That he is successful in Spain says more about the relative pace of games there rather than his talent.

He's successful in Spain because he's played for teams who defend deep and thus he just has to head and kick it. 

Incidentally his best performance was Norwich away when we were under the cosh for 90 minutes.

You don't need to be quick if you're staying in your third of the pitch.

Likewise Pearce, he was excellent for a Reading side that soaked up and broke. He was also excellent for a Derby side that soaked up and let Ince do his magic.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

But i've explained my reasons? I think he's a very good defender at this level who reads the game very well. To be honest, I've never seen him make these mistakes that the papers were blasting him for. But I think he has potential to improve past Keogh. 

Well he has made mistakes and can't play with the ball at all. If we were replacing Pearce with him it would make sense, but our only ball playing centre back it would be stupid. 

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Well he has made mistakes and can't play with the ball at all. If we were replacing Pearce with him it would make sense, but our only ball playing centre back it would be stupid. 

I'd be happy with selling Pearce for Hanley. What's Davies like at ball playing? Can't remember to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I'd be happy with selling Pearce for Hanley. What's Davies like at ball playing? Can't remember to be honest. 

Middling - decent enough but not as good with the ball at his feet as Keogh

I'm 50/50 on Keogh so would sell but only at the right price (4-5m). I get the impression that is where GR is at too:

positives

dominates defensively in the air

very fast

love the slicing beckenbauer runs

our best overall defender

Negatives

can only play with one leg

is occasionally prone to panic 

very poor on attacking set pieces (never scores)

As leader, he symbolizes failure (we've bottled past 4 seasons)

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I'm 50/50 on Keogh so would sell but only at the right price (4-5m). I get the impression that is where GR is at too:

positives

very fast

Negatives

Agree with most of that, and I would rather we keep him as a Keogh/Davies partnership looks very solid. However, I really don't think he "dominates" in the air.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's pretty harsh to blame any of our players for this, when 90% of our set piece deliveries don't even beat the first man.

Don't agree. We must lead the league in corners and we are totally impotent from them. Keogh has been the only 100%  consistent feature of our set pieces. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

positives

very fast

Negatives

Great post from you. Keogh is good, some people hate on him far too much. But he's also expendable. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell him for a decent price, alongside one of Pearce/Shackell

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

positives

very fast

Negatives

He also flings himself at the ball and to the ground needlessly when blocking a shot. I reckon he thinks it looks like a heroic last ditch challenge, but he usually ends up looking silly when it deflects in his own net or to an opposition player off of his heel/back/arse. 

Archived