Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Selling Keogh would be awful, our only ball playing centre back.

Agreed ... We don't want to play hoofball. If Hanley is worth £5 million Keogh is worth way more. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think selling Keogh would hurt us a lot. Now, I'm not dead against selling him, but we need to ensure we bring in a ball-playing centre back who is better than him for the same/less money. 

I think it's fair to say that we don't naturally have the most talented footballing back four. Keogh has the ability to bring the ball out and is essentially our link to midfield and sometimes attack. He very, very, very rarely plays a random punt into the corner. 

I don't buy into the fact that Shackell and Pearce are worse than the average joe on the ball, because they're not. However, when teams are blocking channels and not allowing an 'easy' pass to be had. They don't have the ability nor craft to spot an opportunity. Keogh usually charges through the middle dragging people towards him, which creates space for others. It's mocked, but 95% of the time it works. I can't imagine Shackell charging through the lines in order to create a pass. He, and Pearce, would look at hitting a space for the midfield/forward players to fight the opposition for. 

I do agree with you to a point but Curtis Davies isnt too bad with the ball, also with the chances of us playing 4231 likely and hopefully Thorne back we wont really be needing our CB to be bursting up the pitch, I cant imagine Rowett as an old school defender would want that either really.

11 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I see you on their forum stirring the pot @RamsPolls

As for Keogh, our best defender by a mile. Shackell and Pearce should be out the door long before Keogh goes. If they aren't I will begin to have my doubts about Rowett.

I like stirring the pot :ph34r: I'd be happy for him to go to Sheff Wednesday provided we buy Hanley... If we don't get Hanley, then we need to keep Keogh to pair with Davies. 

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Reckon it might be

Carson 

Wisdom.       Baird.     Davies.    Shackell.  Hanley.  Forsyth

Flint.           Dumic.         Iorfa 

Donaldson

Neck braces at the ready!

Reclining seats at Pride Park

20 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I like stirring the pot :ph34r: I'd be happy for him to go to Sheff Wednesday provided we buy Hanley... If we don't get Hanley, then we need to keep Keogh to pair with Davies. 

Hanley is not better than Keogh and can't play with the ball at all. Would be an awful replacement. 

50 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hanley is not better than Keogh and can't play with the ball at all. Would be an awful replacement. 

Disagree. Why would Newcastle pay £6m for Hanley last summer and not show any interest in Keogh? Keogh is a good ball player but isn't the best defensively. Very rash in his decision making. Hanley is the opposite. Good defender at this level but like you said, not the best ball player. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Haha haha! You've finally lost the plot!

You being serious? Keogh is a very good ball player but defensively he is rash. He cannot deal with situations that he puts himself into. Hanley is one of the best centre backs in this league. 

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Disagree. Why would Newcastle pay £6m for Hanley last summer and not show any interest in Keogh? Keogh is a good ball player but isn't the best defensively. Very rash in his decision making. Hanley is the opposite. Good defender at this level but like you said, not the best ball player. 

Maybe because Derby wouldn't sell Keogh? There are a number of factors, they might have inquired about Keogh, however if Derby aren't willing to sell, we wouldn't let him go.

Archived