Keogh

TroyDyer

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I take the view that the manager should be backed. Having been a good defender himself, he will know whether Keogh is right for him or not. Not based on the last 4/5 years either. Based on what he thinks he has to offer going forward. If he is sold, thanks Richard, best wishes, see you sometime soon. I think he will go. I would be most surprised if Wisdom wants to play fullback.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Wisdom is being brought in to play at centre back, presumably alongside Davies.

I think Keogh will go. Baird Wisdom Davies Forsyth will be our back 4 next season.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is good championship player who obviously has his flaws. Hardly irreplaceable, but I do wish we could sign someone proven to replace him.

Now I can copy paste this post to most of the players we are going to sell this summer... Johnson first.

Ps. with proven I'd hope someone more experienced than Wisdom.

12 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Exactly that, he can be a much better player when playing without the Captains responsibility. 

Quite. I've never been a Keogh hater - if he never made mistakes, he wouldn't be playing for us etc... - but I've seen enough of him play to be able to objectively see that he played better when he hasn't had the extra responsibility & be expected to lift the rest of the team on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

He is good championship player who obviously has his flaws. Hardly irreplaceable, but I do wish we could sign someone proven to replace him.

Now I can copy paste this post to most of the players we are going to sell this summer... Johnson first.

Ps. with proven I'd hope someone more experienced than Wisdom.

Who would you say is a proven defender in the championship though? I'd put shackell, Keogh and Davies as proven 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Who would you say is a proven defender in the championship though? I'd put shackell, Keogh and Davies as proven 

Agreed with those names. I'd say Shackell and Davies are proven in Premier League too.

That's calibre I'd target, especially as CB.

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I think to have played in a top half side for 4 or 5 seasons it's fair to say Keogh is a proven championship player for a side looking to get in the top half. However, compared to Shackell and Davies he falls short of their achievements, and they are more proven to finish top 6 and get over the line.

I'm not sure in our better seasons our defences have been proven at that level at all.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Agreed with those names. I'd say Shackell and Davies are proven in Premier League too.

That's calibre I'd target, especially as CB.

That's the problem though, I genuinely can't think of any CB's in this division right now I'd class as proven (that would be within our reach)

7 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

That's the problem though, I genuinely can't think of any CB's in this division right now I'd class as proven (that would be within our reach)

First choice CB's in Championship are overpriced, that's true.

I guess it all comes down to how we are going to play.If we drop deep, Shackell and Davies are fine. If we play with higher line, Wisdom needs to be ready to step up to replace Shacks. Then the problem is Baird as a RB, who is hardly very mobile. Next month or so will be very interesting!

One would hope that we aren't shopping in the Championship. The best years under JS were about having a great scouting network and picking up bargains. Same goes for NC. Bryson and Russell would have cost considerably more if we'd bought them from Norwich. 

I would hope that names banded around back stage would be well away from our radar as supporters. 

So who would partner Davies in central defence if Keogh went? With talk of Christie going that would leave Baird and wisdom as right back options. Pearce and wisdom at CB options. That goes from a strong defence to a weak one with little back up

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So who would partner Davies in central defence if Keogh went? With talk of Christie going that would leave Baird and wisdom as right back options. Pearce and wisdom at CB options. That goes from a strong defence to a weak one with little back up

I've questioned the logic too - IF Wisdom was brought in as a CB and Rowett has said these are the defensive signings he's making that would suggest he'd want to keep Christie

However I suspect Wisdom has come in as a RB primarily - And there's no desire to sell Keogh

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I've questioned the logic too - IF Wisdom was brought in as a CB and Rowett has said these are the defensive signings he's making that would suggest he'd want to keep Christie

However I suspect Wisdom has come in as a RB primarily - And there's no desire to sell Keogh

Unless we get a decent offer and shackell plays 

He's been slagged off loads... we need to get rid calamity keogh bring a proper defender in ... now he's linked elsewhere half of this board are crying like little girls but this is what they wanted keogh gone

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shack retire ya' know.

Back problems don't just disappear, he's hardly a old man but old enough to happily retire from the game and sit at home banging his hot Texan wife. I fookin would anyway.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shack retire ya' know.

Back problems don't just disappear, he's hardly a old man but old enough to happily retire from the game and sit at home banging his hot Texan wife. I fookin would anyway.

No way he will retire, got a year left on his contract

Archived