Keogh

TroyDyer

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Disagree. Why would Newcastle pay £6m for Hanley last summer and not show any interest in Keogh? Keogh is a good ball player but isn't the best defensively. Very rash in his decision making. Hanley is the opposite. Good defender at this level but like you said, not the best ball player. 

Hanley is very prone to make mistakes mate, I don't think you watched him very much. Also the fact Newcastle spent £6m on him and didn't play him shows that he isn't that amazing. 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Disagree. Why would Newcastle pay £6m for Hanley last summer and not show any interest in Keogh? Keogh is a good ball player but isn't the best defensively. Very rash in his decision making. Hanley is the opposite. Good defender at this level but like you said, not the best ball player. 

Why would they spend £6m on him then hardly play him? He played 528 minutes last season over 10 games. He if was so good he would have had more than 5 starts and 5 sub appearances. 

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

By that logic vydra, Butterfield et el should be world beaters but aren't. It's not how much they are brought for, it's their performance that matters. I don't think Keogh is great but he's better than Hanley. Especially if stripped of the captaincy and playing alongside better players. Thus just concentrating on his own job and not worrying about others

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I'm not even bothered if we sell Keogh or not. Like i've said, He's a very good defender at this level. I just feel we need a refresh and he'd be one of the first people that needs a kick start. 

I think he's one of the only ones that doesn't need a kick start. He actually tries to do things quickly and aggressively. He's always looking to be positive. 

Unlike Olsson, Shackell, Pearce, Christie etc who move the ball like it's made of concrete and play like we're 5-0 up.

If it wasn't for Keogh and Ince I think I'd want safe sleeping in the South Stand rather than safe standing. 

I can move the ball faster through 3ft grass than them lot. I swear Pearce is made of wood. And Olsson let's in more crosses than St Mary's church

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hearing people say we need a no nonsense defender instead of Keogh reminds me of the same logic that we needed a no nonsense manager like Pearson at the club. 

It also how you end up with 4 beast like defenders that keep giving the ball back to the opposition and kicking it to the car park.

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hearing people say we need a no nonsense defender instead of Keogh reminds me of the same logic that we needed a no nonsense manager like Pearson at the club. 

It's the same every year. It's like kids at Christmas, they get all excited about a new toy but then after a few months want to play with their old toy again after the new one doesn't live up to expectations. (See Martin and Vydra, Butterfield and Bryson, Camara and Russell, Pearce/Shackell and Keogh etc.)

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Forsyth/Ollsson - Davies - Keogh - Christie

That is a bloody good back four. Question mark over Christie as he is coming to the last year of his deal but I don't doubt he is good enough if we go in to the new season with him at LB.

I think Baird, or perhaps even a new RB, ahead of Christie, but otherwise yes. Good mix of solid players and passing.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think Baird, or perhaps even a new RB, ahead of Christie, but otherwise yes. Good mix of solid players and passing.

As dependable as Baird is/was I wouldn't want us to head in to the new season with him as first choice. Purely becuase I feel we either need to secure Christie and invest in his further development or bring someone else in such as Wisdom. Baird can be a great mentor and is no doubt a good guy to have around in the dressing room but we haven't recruited properly if he is our best option at full back in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's the same every year. It's like kids at Christmas, they get all excited about a new toy but then after a few months want to play with their old toy again after the new one doesn't live up to expectations. (See Martin and Vydra, Butterfield and Bryson, Camara and Russell, Pearce/Shackell and Keogh etc.)

We need a fast pacy striker instead of that lazy Martin! - Vydra bought in for £8m

We need to look abroad for talent! - Camara and Albentosa bought in

We need a a no nonsense manager who plays direct!  - Pearson hired 

Keogh is rubbish, we need a a no nonsense defender... 

Ince is too much of a luxury player, we need a winger who runs more... 

I'm staring to think we shouldn't listen to the fans. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Forsyth/Ollsson - Davies - Keogh - Christie

That is a bloody good back four. Question mark over Christie as he is coming to the last year of his deal but I don't doubt he is good enough if we go in to the new season with him at RB.

Forsyth/Lowe - Davies - Keogh - Wisdom looks a lot better :cool:

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I like stirring the pot :ph34r: I'd be happy for him to go to Sheff Wednesday provided we buy Hanley... If we don't get Hanley, then we need to keep Keogh to pair with Davies. 

Could see Hanley as a replacement for Shackell or Pearce, but as a swap for Keogh? Just no.............

Archived