Keogh

TroyDyer

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Quite agree.

Just to avoid any confusion, would you prefer these people to plunge their heads into a pan of already boiling water, or should they dunk their heads into a pan of normal water and slowly bring this pan to the boil?

Either would suffice as you aren't gonna shrink the already small minds any further. 

Salt or no salt in the water? 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

There are loads of better cb's than keogh knockin around.

Problem is, they all play for top clubs.

Not gonna come to derby are they????.

Keep him, he's a very good cb. And all those who still blame him for Wembley and not being promoted.....go boil ya head, it's getting boring now, **** players don't win the personal awards he has won do they.

:)

Keogh has knockers....an interesting concept :wub: for me i would like him to stay and form a defence stronghold with our man Curtis

23 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Fans on their site seem fairly confident that he's due to be announced as a Wednesday player fairly soon.

If true, I personally will be extremely disappointed especially if the fee is low. I would be extremely surprised to see Curtis Davies outperform him. I think Davies is a solid signing, but for me Keogh is a better player.

If he does go, I really hope it's for £5m+.

22 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Sorry but I failed to see where it suggested he's due to be Wednesday player? As far I can see in that thread it's just pure speculation and nothing been agreed too. 

54 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Quite agree.

Just to avoid any confusion, would you prefer these people to plunge their heads into a pan of already boiling water, or should they dunk their heads into a pan of normal water and slowly bring this pan to the boil?

Either suits me bud :lol:

To ALL the Richard Keogh haters.......

This man has given his absolute all for this club since he arrived and has been a starter for every single manager he played for.

Be given ferocious criticism from his own fans and never lost his focus or even suffered any sort of huge drop in form (which for the most part has been excellent)

Got stripped of the captaincy and regained it, been player of the year twice I do believe and represented our club to his absolute optimum capacity each time called upon to wear the shirt.

But STILL there are people banging on about Wembley and saying we should take the money and run.

These will be the same Buffoonish mob clamouring for Martin and Ince to be sold and coming up with long winded tactical reasons as to why.

Never thought I'd see so called Rams fans witch hunting players out of our club.

3 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

This man has given his absolute all for this club since he arrived and has been a starter for every single manager he played for.

Be given ferocious criticism from his own fans and never lost his focus or even suffered any sort of huge drop in form (which for the most part has been excellent)

Got stripped of the captaincy and regained it, been player of the year twice I do believe and represented our club to his absolute optimum capacity each time called upon to wear the shirt.

But STILL there are people banging on about Wembley and saying we should take the money and run.

These will be the same Buffoonish mob clamouring for Martin and Ince to be sold and coming up with long winded tactical reasons as to why.

Never thought I'd see so called Rams fans witch hunting players out of our club.

Excellent post. Got a classic case of be careful what you wish for written all over it

5 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Excellent post.

4 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Agree with all of the above, I am afraid the modern day football fan is brain washed by programs like sky, they make  all fans think they know more than managers and coaches, as you say Keogh has played under all of our managers, played nearly every game since he arrived and always gives his all, for me Keogh should deffo be here next season, think him and Davis would make a great partnership.

7 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Tampoon.jpg~c200

Don't really get the love to hate thing with Keogh.Gives his all,plays with passion but sometimes drops a clanger but name me a champ centre half that doesn't.

For what it's worth,every player has a price and Keogh is no exception.If he goes we get good money,if he stays we keep one of the better centre halves in the league.

5 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Spot on. I do wonder if some of those who criticise OUR players day in, day out do so because in some perverse, twisted way they feel it gives them some degree of notoriety within the forum and that may be the only way they are able to get any sort of recognition in their existence.

I have no problem with fans giving their opinion on individual players and if they are critical then fine but a select few are almost making it seem like their only goal in life.

Supporters my ars*. 

It's the Ramage scale, rubbish or brilliant - nothing in between, which seems particularly odd given our mid-table status.

I think Keogh has been a great servant, so I would happily see him stay. 

However, he has also been part of a 'nearly' team on so many occasions so I could see why we might want to freshen things up with a new leader. Some players are just unlucky.

29 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Bit of a general view, as you have lumped everyone together with the three who have been named.

I rate Keogh and want him to stay, same with Ince. However although i like Martin and agree he was missed last season i feel that a more athletic version of him is what we need, that said it would cost serious dosh to replace him with such a player.

so i come under your Buffoon criteria. Which is not true and the same can be said of others. What i dont like is people who make statements about players and Keogh is a prime example that are incorrect or in the past or even worse just plain wrong.

I take the view that the manager should be backed. Having been a good defender himself, he will know whether Keogh is right for him or not. Not based on the last 4/5 years either. Based on what he thinks he has to offer going forward. If he is sold, thanks Richard, best wishes, see you sometime soon. I think he will go. I would be most surprised if Wisdom wants to play fullback.

BUT Keogh isn't a proper defender! He doesn't just lump the ball when he gets it! He occasionally makes mistakes in playing the ball from the back, rather than just lumping it for a throw in the opposition half! We need a PROPER centre half, one that perfects the art of giving the other team a throw in every time they get the ball! Same with Martin! We need somebody FAST, irrelevant if he provides us with any balance in the side, as long as he's fast we're guaranteed promotion. A proper striker.

Ince isn't any good because he isn't a proper winger. He tries to cut inside to score goals, as well as crossing the ball! We need more proper wingers who put their head down, and float aimless crosses into the box! As long as they run about and smile, we'll be set.

That's all we need to get promoted, PROPER players, not these poncey pretenders, pfft, trying to play football in 2017? Outrageous.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I take the view that the manager should be backed. Having been a good defender himself, he will know whether Keogh is right for him or not. Not based on the last 4/5 years either. Based on what he thinks he has to offer going forward. If he is sold, thanks Richard, best wishes, see you sometime soon. I think he will go. I would be most surprised if Wisdom wants to play fullback.

For me, whether Keogh stays or goes isn't the issue (I want him to stay because a back 4 of Wisdom, Keogh, Davies and Forsyth would be amongst the best in the Championship but if the fee was enough to sign an even better player then that's what should be done).

What's abhorrent to me and many others is the constant drip, drip, dripping of criticism - regulars to this forum know by now that when certain individuals post, there's more than an even chance it's just them using another opportunity to put the boot in.

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The reason some of us "buffoons" (i.e. clown)  have to talk about long winded tactical reasons; is that quite simply, even if you are talking pure football, there are a lot of folks that don't get why you are making those comments and then start getting rather personal because you have written something unfavourable but perhaps very correct  about their favourite player - I know from early experience with this forum.

Let's be clear about this - in  reality this is a cut-throat business that demands the best from all involved and if it's not happening for whatever reason, we as people who part expense this, are entitled to make comments about whoever we have concerns with; but I add, this should be only on a professional footballing level

And being realistic, like other clubs, we have players that are earning the average annual wage; every week. This demands that we can be critical and certain players have had made a habit of making themselves unpopular on some occasions by what can appear to be intransigent and or impetuous  behaviour and that is something that in a normal place of work, would have you sooner or later visiting the dole office.

Names do spring to mind and you have mentioned some of them, however Keogh has always tried his very best and has been totally committed to the cause, however illegal his eyes appear before the start of a match.

As options go it is perhaps time to let him go a different way, as it has been put earlier he has been very much part of the nearly team.

Please though let's not get into blind open criticism of active members of the forum just because their views do not match yours.

Archived