Keogh

TroyDyer

17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Sell him tomorrow if someone offered 4million.

He needs a fresh challenge, ditto Bryson and Russell. I'd be more confident of a backline of

Baird Davies Wisdom, Forsyth

Than 

Christie  Keogh Pearce Olson.

Take the money and get Roberts from Barnsley if needs be

I'd feel better with a backline of

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth 

than those you've listed above.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good servant, good defender, not great, not bad - makes surging runs but makes weird errors. Makes great blocks but gets regularly caught out of position, undoubtedly gives his all every week........the world of Richard Keogh - is he our footballing marmite?

i wasn't a massive fan 21 years ago when the Bald Eagle sold some of our 'would be stars'/under achievers to reshape the team with what I felt was lesser talent.....but I certainly did enjoy eating humble pie that season. Is it happening again?

Hardly put a foot wrong in the past two seasons, a much more controlled player than he was prior to that having reacted in the best possible way to the Wembley defeat.

If we sell him now we might well be doing so at his peak, which seems a bit of a stupid thing to do.

That said, he still struggles against the more physical of opponents, and if there's one negative thing that you can summise not just from that day at Wembley, but looking across his whole time here, it's that he's not always the player to keep his composure at a time when others have lost theirs, which is something many would be looking for from their leader in such a crucial position.

It all depends on how much we are talking, if your looking at 5m i would sell but if its anything under i wouldnt as i cant see who could get to replace him for that kind of money. GR might not want him in his first team plans he might want shackell, if this was the case i would sell for 4m 

10 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'd feel better with a backline of

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth 

than those you've listed above.

A side with Keogh starting will never fill me entirely with confidence;  We always seem to struggle against quick clever players - Jota tore him to pieces last season. Diame,  Jota, Knockeart, Forrestieiri, Hernandez, Abraham type players exposed Keogh massively.

Also, how many games have we failed to see out in recent years? The entire defense looks a nervous wreck at the best of times. Brum, Blackburn, Rotherham, Forest and Cardiff all spring to mind. Poor organisation, poor decision making, poor negative mentality  not saying Keogh is the sole purpose, but he's big a contributor to it. 

54 minutes ago, Papahet said:

A side with Keogh starting will never fill me entirely with confidence;  We always seem to struggle against quick clever players - Jota tore him to pieces last season. Diame,  Jota, Knockeart, Forrestieiri, Hernandez, Abraham type players exposed Keogh massively.

Also, how many games have we failed to see out in recent years? The entire defense looks a nervous wreck at the best of times. Brum, Blackburn, Rotherham, Forest and Cardiff all spring to mind. Poor organisation, poor decision making, poor negative mentality  not saying Keogh is the sole purpose, but he's big a contributor to it. 

Maybe all true but as it stands we have only improved on paper and not on the pitch as yet so we will see but I would prefer to keep him unless an exceptional offer came in.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Forgive the pedantry but Ambram's nothing like the aforementioned. He's a brick shithouse.

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

£5m bid and he's probably gone. Question would then arise as to whether we bring in another CB to replace him or go with what we have...

Wisdom in CB role. 

Unless we receive in excess of £5m then no way should we let Keogh go. Those misguided detractors - who would you sign to replace him who would be better and please don't follow the flock with suggestions such as Flint & Hanley - nowhere near good enough.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unless we receive in excess of £5m then no way should we let Keogh go. Those misguided detractors - who would you sign to replace him who would be better and please don't follow the flock with suggestions such as Flint & Hanley - nowhere near good enough.

We can add to the retirement home and get Jagielka who's apparently on his way to Sheff Utd.

7 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Or we may have already got one and that is Wisdom. 

As a quick check with the "Wisdom is obviously Keogh's replacement" thought

Rowett said 'one more' defensive signing after Davies - Which surely is Wisdom

IF he has brought in Wisdom as a CB that means he sees Christie being the long term RB solution surely?

This 'old' debate about Keogh, I really don't get.

For me he has all of the key attribute I like to see in a centre back (and I have played at a decent level)..he is mobile, quick, strong in the tackle, can pick a pass, is comfortable on the ball and is passionate about the shirt....yes he has 'moments', if he didn't he would be playing at a mid table PL club. He is also well regarded by his peers and his international club manager....

If you also look at our goals conceded tally over the past few seasons it has been amongst the best...

16/17 - 50 (6th best) ...........GD of +4 with Goals Scored of 54

15/16 - 43 (4th best) ...........GD of +23 with Goals Scored of 66

14/15 - 56 (8th best) ...........GD of +29 with Goals Scored of 85

13/14 - 52 (7 best) ...........GD of + 32 with Goals Scored of 84

...however we have 'lost' 20-30 goals from the team so the defensive trend isn't the one that I am more concerned about

Selling Keogh for £5m as suggested is ridiculous, £5m wouldn't get you Hanley or Flint who are both inferior players imo. If you could sell him and buy a younger better version for the same money then that makes sense but I think Keogh alongside Davies will be a decent partnership.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

His clever movement, look how he got behind Keogh for Bristols first

Forgive my ignorance but isn't that Kodija? Also it wasn't clever movement, he went in a straight line after Keogh went to close the ball down.

Archived