Keogh

TroyDyer

I think people are more hanging onto hope and nostalgia  that Wisdom has been bought to play at right back. He would have been presumably guaranteed the opportunity to play at centre back(since he played there mostly for Salzburg) and he has stated many times that centre back is his preferred position.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wisdom is being brought in to play at centre back, presumably alongside Davies.

I think Keogh will go. Baird Wisdom Davies Forsyth will be our back 4 next season.

Since you have perfect insight into the brain of Gary Rowett, right? 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

BUT Keogh isn't a proper defender! He doesn't just lump the ball when he gets it! He occasionally makes mistakes in playing the ball from the back, rather than just lumping it for a throw in the opposition half! We need a PROPER centre half, one that perfects the art of giving the other team a throw in every time they get the ball! Same with Martin! We need somebody FAST, irrelevant if he provides us with any balance in the side, as long as he's fast we're guaranteed promotion. A proper striker.

Ince isn't any good because he isn't a proper winger. He tries to cut inside to score goals, as well as crossing the ball! We need more proper wingers who put their head down, and float aimless crosses into the box! As long as they run about and smile, we'll be set.

That's all we need to get promoted, PROPER players, not these poncey pretenders, pfft, trying to play football in 2017? Outrageous.

Are you Mr Angry from Mayfair?

53-300x249.jpg

58 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

The English language is full of words for witty, sarcastic or even abusive retorts.

and you've not used any of them.

a picture of a box of tampax is your best and only effort.

well done sir 

But on a flip side I could say this about the following events;

Craig Short - player of the season 94/95. hugely popular figure throughout his time at DCFC. Sold by Jim Smith to Everton in the summer of 1995 (I think we got Rowett part of the deal). The funds raised from the sales of Short and Paul Williams used to bring in the likes of Stimac, Willems, Chrissy Powell and Co. What then happened that same 95/96 season? Promotion was it not?

Tommy Smith - player of the season 05/06, popular figure among supporters throughout his time here. Sold by Davies to Watford for a mere 500k, a day later Idiakez also left. DET forum meltdown at the prospect of two of our best players leaving within 24 hours.  Yet where did we finish that season? Whats that? A play off final win you say?

More recently, Huddersfield sold their supposed best player Jacob Butterfield to us, where are they now? Wagner most likely spent that money on quality players, for absolute peanuts.

Get the money from a Ince, Hughes or Keogh sale and let Rowett work his magic.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Since you have perfect insight into the brain of Gary Rowett, right? 

Wisdom will want to play at centre back and would have presumably been guaranteed when signing his contract. He played centre back for a team who qualified for the champions league last season. I highly doubt he would have signed if he was going to be shafted to right back again when centre back is his preferred position.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wisdom is being brought in to play at centre back, presumably alongside Davies.

I think Keogh will go. Baird Wisdom Davies Forsyth will be our back 4 next season.

You say Wisdom is being brought in to play at CB as though it's fact. Is this your opinion or do you have it on good authority that this will happen?

Just now, McLovin said:

Wisdom will want to play at centre back and would have presumably been guarantees when signing his contract. He played centre back for a team who qualified for the champions league last season. I highly doubt he would have signed if he was going to be shafted to right back again when centre back is his preferred position.

I'd like to see a link to say where he said centre half was his preferred position? Additionally, maybe Salzburg didn't want him back? Any number of factors leads into a decision, to look at it in a black and white way (pun not intended) isn't being objective enough. Maybe he wanted to come back to a place he was comfortable at? Maybe we were the only club to meet his wage demands? 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

You say Wisdom is being brought in to play at CB as though it's fact. Is this your opinion or do you have it on good authority that this will happen?

My opinion but I'd be very, very surprised if he was bought to play at right back, especially when his bro said on twitter that he played centre back for Salzburg. Wisdom said last time when he was here that he wanted to play at centre back but because he was young and needed to get a run of games, he was happy to play at right back. However, last season he had a full year playing at centre back in a hugely successful team so I doubt now he'd be happy coming in to play at right back when he is a cb

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd like to see a link to say where he said centre half was his preferred position? Additionally, maybe Salzburg didn't want him back? Any number of factors leads into a decision, to look at it in a black and white way (pun not intended) isn't being objective enough. Maybe he wanted to come back to a place he was comfortable at? Maybe we were the only club to meet his wage demands? 

I'm not trying to back McLovin here because I'm against the idea of Keogh being flogged to a Championship rival and Wisdom taking his spot, but I had a search and there's an interview with him last year where he said he sees himself as a centre back ... although he says the reason for that is because he isn't attacking enough to be a full back as they're basically like wingers now. But if Ince stays we'd probably want a defensive full back behind him, so who knows?

“I can sit in at right-back, but these days right-backs are more wingers that can defend a bit. I’m happy to play anywhere but I see myself as a centre-back because I don’t have the attacking mindset of a full-back in the modern game. I always try to do my best no matter where I play – to run and work hard and put myself about as much as possible.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-football-end-day-liverpools-9028480

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

At 3:40 he said his preferred position is centre back

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm not trying to back McLovin here because I'm against the idea of Keogh being flogged to a Championship rival and Wisdom taking his spot, but I had a search and there's an interview with him last year where he said he sees himself as a centre back ... although he says the reason for that is because he isn't attacking enough to be a full back as they're basically like wingers now. But if Ince stays we'd probably want a defensive full back behind him, so who knows?

“I can sit in at right-back, but these days right-backs are more wingers that can defend a bit. I’m happy to play anywhere but I see myself as a centre-back because I don’t have the attacking mindset of a full-back in the modern game. I always try to do my best no matter where I play – to run and work hard and put myself about as much as possible.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-football-end-day-liverpools-9028480

Thank you! I just wanted to see some evidence that he wasn't just inventing it to push an agenda, fair point on the Ince part. Baird isn't the most attacking fullback in the world, but Rowett likes him, so it's certainly what I would expect, in all honesty I don't think getting rid of Keogh to Wednesday is a sane idea. Strengthening them, and weakening us.. seems crazy.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

What do you mean? I don't want Keogh to go either but I'd be very surprised if Keogh is still here come the start of the season based on mumblings here and there and I would be even more surprised if Wisdom played at right back.

If Keogh did go as I expect, it wouldn't be because Rowett doesn't rate him, but rather the need to raise funds and to have a new start with a new era as there's a feeling that Keogh has been part of a side to have failed in recent years(not that Keogh was solely to blame but was a key component of the failing mentality).

Just now, Andicis said:

Thank you! I just wanted to see some evidence that he wasn't just inventing it to push an agenda, fair point on the Ince part. Baird isn't the most attacking fullback in the world, but Rowett likes him, so it's certainly what I would expect, in all honesty I don't think getting rid of Keogh to Wednesday is a sane idea. Strengthening them, and weakening us.. seems crazy.

Yep, I'd be shocked and angry if Rowett was even entertaining the thought of letting Wednesday have Keogh. If we tried to sign a key player from any other team expected to be fighting for promotion they'd do everything they can to avoid that happening e.g. Forestieri, Antonio, Dunk etc. I'd rather he stayed and partnered Davies but I can understand if Rowett thinks it's time for a change, but there should be no way he's allowed to move to a fellow Championship team unless they were made to pay stupidly over the odds like we had to with Blackman and Butterfield.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

@Andicis Wisdom can play anywhere at back 4 and also can play DM too. 

I'm sure he can, as I'm sure Forsyth could do a job at those roles too. I still prefer to have a player who spent large majorities of his career at right back to play there. My example would be the difference in a left sided CB and a right sided CB, often if they are forced to play the other side they can struggle. Whilst I'm sure Wisdom would do a fine job in another position, would he have the same impact? After all, experience of the position counts. 

I also hold my doubts on the quality of the Austrian league attackers, so don't think his CB games there actually prove much.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What do you mean? I don't want Keogh to go either but I'd be very surprised if Keogh is still here come the start of the season based on mumblings here and there and I would be even more surprised if Wisdom played at right back.

If Keogh did go as I expect, it wouldn't be because Rowett doesn't rate him, but rather the need to raise funds and to have a new start with a new era as there's a feeling that Keogh has been part of a side to have failed in recent years(not that Keogh was solely to blame but was a key component of the failing mentality).

Apologies, not really read much, just skimmed over recent pages and thought you wanted Keogh gone, my bad.

Archived