Apple

Day

On 09/10/2017 at 11:11, AdamRam said:

I have both a Samsung and an apple.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and I would find it difficult to choose the better one between the two.

I can see why people don’t like swapping between the two as simple things that you get used to over a period becomes a pain when it changes.  Apple I think wins on the layout of the phone for the simplicity, and you know that you aren’t going to get software or hardware problems.  The battery is not great though, and I’m not talking about the expanding ones, and they are also pretty boring, nothing really changes from one update to the next, a few gimmicks thrown in but the main things that you use the phone for are always virtually the same, but I suppose if it’s not broke why change it.

The Samsung feel like it’s a future gen phone, the look, the screen the design but for me the Apple just shades it, but only because I need my phone to be reliable all the time, and on occasions the Samsung need that bit of extra TLC over the Apple.

Go on then Adam, I'll ask. Why on earth do you have two phones that are so different? Why do you have two phones? 

7 hours ago, David said:

Nope, didn’t actually let me on till 20 minutes after pre orders started so 2-3 weeks was given.

Not that fussed, reviews so far seem to be all positive which will be bad news for Google and their screen issues with the Pixel

Have you ever seen anyone using a Google Pixel? 

I got mine yesterday. Loving it so far - faceid is great. 

A lot of apps don't use the longer screen so there are black bars at the top and bottom, but I expect that will improve. 

The notch? So what! It's just a cutout from the info bar. I don't find it even vaguely distracting. 

The screen? Beautifully clear. 

16 hours ago, David said:

Great phones though 

They aren't that great, they are just stylish and fashionable - therefore priced at a premium

So when you pay a premium for an Apple phone that does the same as a cheaper non-Apple phone, the irony is that you are paying "cool tax"

So at least someone is paying tax somewhere in the equation

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

They aren't that great, they are just stylish and fashionable - therefore priced at a premium

So when you pay a premium for an Apple phone that does the same as a cheaper non-Apple phone, the irony is that you are paying "cool tax"

So at least someone is paying tax somewhere in the equation

I strongly disagree. They are great phones, alot of tech guys agree. 

Fun fact they are also the most used phone to access this forum and it’s not even close.

Keep hating though, it’s cute :) 

9 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Not even very stylish IMO. I don't think any phone has looked more stylish than the Samsung S3. Everything has gone boxy since. And Sony make the ugliest phones of them all.

I'm getting bored of Apple styling though. I don't dispute the tech side, it's all works well enough for what I want.. However, from the outside, nothing really changes.. Is it time for a major revamp on the looks side? 

I have an apple phone and a couple of tablets, everything is the bleedin same and I am bored.

27 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm getting bored of Apple styling though. I don't dispute the tech side, it's all works well enough for what I want.. However, from the outside, nothing really changes.. Is it time for a major revamp on the looks side? 

I have an apple phone and a couple of tablets, everything is the bleedin same and I am bored.

Not sure it matters any more. These companies spend millions developing stuff that looks brilliant, and is really nice to handle. Then the first thing most people do, is shove beautiful device into a gash looking piece of plastic and rubber. I've never done that. I use them the way they come out of the box. Slippery as hell these days, but I've never dropped one yet. 

That's done it now :)