Apple

Day

On 27/09/2017 at 07:26, David said:

New consumer law should cover you for a length of time now if it’s a manufacturing defect.

Apple cover you for 6 years, you might know this but so many still don’t. If they can’t repair they have to offer a refund/exchange. 

Sorry to jump on the thread, but is that fact? I only ask as we have a phone that is now dead and my understanding is that consumer law for the 6 years only covers you if you can prove the phone was broke when you bought it.

Therefore as the phone is now three years old, they have said its wear and tear though use and has been working for 36 months, so was ok when purchased.

thanks in advance for any advice.

12 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Sorry to jump on the thread, but is that fact? I only ask as we have a phone that is now dead and my understanding is that consumer law for the 6 years only covers you if you can prove the phone was broke when you bought it.

Therefore as the phone is now three years old, they have said its wear and tear though use and has been working for 36 months, so was ok when purchased.

one would argue then that it is not fit for purpose if wear and tear cannot surpass a statutory period of warranty. 'Misuse' of the product on the other hand....

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

one would argue then that it is not fit for purpose if wear and tear cannot surpass a statutory period of warranty. 'Misuse' of the product on the other hand....

See what you are saying, however it's down to the consumer to prove the defect  was there when purchased after 6 months has expired - therefore how can I prove that a screen that is no longer responsive was broken when I bought it, when it wasn't - if that makes sense ?

42 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

Came into effect for products bought after 1st October 2015

39 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

@David Did I understand this correctly. You get discounts on Mac products? Help a brother out. I need a powerful Macbook but I can only get 10 per cent discount. :ph34r:

Discount? I wish, if you're with Barclays you can get 5% cashback when purchasing through their website. 

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Thanks but they refused point blank, as per previous post they said that unless it can be proved it wasn't working when bought then this doesn't apply.  Worth a try though.

Any defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract which becomes apparent within 6 months of delivery are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. After the expiry of this 6 month period, the burden to prove that the defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract existed on delivery generally shifts to the consumer.

27 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Any defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract which becomes apparent within 6 months of delivery are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. After the expiry of this 6 month period, the burden to prove that the defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract existed on delivery generally shifts to the consumer.

Ta, as I thought and was advised, if it's not within the apple warranty you can't do f all.

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Ta, as I thought and was advised, if it's not within the apple warranty you can't do f all.

I think that maybe they expect people to accept this response and give up, but if something went operationally wrong, but the product is not damaged, and there is no evidence of improper use, then the grounds of being unfit for purpose comes into play. Whilst the burden is on you, they would have to justifiably deny your evidence. Poor quality is evidence.

@David just slight away from topic. wondering if you can help. I got a few old iphones at home and I want to give them to the kids so they can play games and watch videos. My brother in law has managed to do it but he admits he doesn't know who he has managed to but he has given his old iphone to his lad and he is able to send iMessage to my wifes iphone with no sim card in. The only phone numbers he has got on the phone is his aunty (my wife), his mum and dad. How can I do it? I just want to do it so they can send messages to people like their grandad etc that all got iphones

2 hours ago, Hucknall Ram said:

@David just slight away from topic. wondering if you can help. I got a few old iphones at home and I want to give them to the kids so they can play games and watch videos. My brother in law has managed to do it but he admits he doesn't know who he has managed to but he has given his old iphone to his lad and he is able to send iMessage to my wifes iphone with no sim card in. The only phone numbers he has got on the phone is his aunty (my wife), his mum and dad. How can I do it? I just want to do it so they can send messages to people like their grandad etc that all got iphones

imessage via wifi, using an apple ID

2 hours ago, Hucknall Ram said:

So set up apple id for each son, then log in on the phone with that new id? 

When you set up the Apple ID, it asks youfor a date of birth. Put in the actual date of birth, don’t try to fib, then it will ask you to set up a child’s account. 

I did the same with my daughter who has an iPad which obviously doesn’t have 3G, just WiFi. 

Its actually quite fascinating seeing what they choose to text to their family. And we’ll facetime her to make sure she wakes up. 

With a child’s account, if she ever tries to buy anything, it sends you a notification to allow it. 

On 23/09/2017 at 06:42, David said:

“Feels like a toy” is what I said, that’s because I’ve gone from 2 years using a plus model and back to the original size iPhone now. Used to having something larger in my hand.

The only differences between the X and 8 is the camera which adds new features you will barely use and the full OLED screen.

The 8 has the same chip and Ram so won’t feel any different to use. The 8 plus has an extra gb ram and larger battery.

It does feel better in the hand, not as slippy, the extra weight makes it better balanced to use. I’ll get used to the size difference.

Missus picked up the gold, if you’re a man don’t do it, very very feminine looking, the trim is gold but the back is a sandy/pink almost foundation like.

Space grey is black, not sure why they have to be fancy with the name. Maybe it looks lighter in some light conditions but it’s black.

Not much else to say, it’s a super quick, great looking phone. Most powerful on the market Geekbench tests have shown. 

The 8 plus with 3 gbs of ram has given better performance results than the Note 8 with 6gb of ram. Just shows you more hardware doesn’t paper over the software cracks. 

Buy it. Unless you want the X for the full screen. 

When does the x come out?

2 hours ago, David said:

Pre orders 27/10/17, release date 03/11/17

Limited numbers though so you’ll have to be quick or it will be December/January when you get it. 8am think pre orders start.

On it, set reminder in calendar ?