Apple

Day

1 hour ago, David said:

I see Google have removed the headphone jack from the new Pixel 2 phone after laughing at Apple when they did it....?

There's another phone I've never seen outside of a shop. 

What's the thinking behind removing the headphone jack? Is it just to do with water proofing? 

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

There's another phone I've never seen outside of a shop. 

What's the thinking behind removing the headphone jack? Is it just to do with water proofing? 

Not sure tbh, the tech companies have decided we’re heading for a wireless future and that’s that 

This is a terribly terribly minor point, but aesthetically and functionally I must say that the lightening connector is a very good bit of design.  Shame Apple are so protective of everything and so this won't ever be adopted across the board.

5 hours ago, David said:

You say that but I wish they would go for USB-C and be done with it. Guess they can’t licence that though

It would make a lot more sense. USB c on the Mac book, so why not on the iPhone. One charger for everything. 

@David I'm pretty annoyed right now as my phone is dying after two years of abuse and over a 100 falls (Samsung s7 edge). Don't think it will last until November. So do I get the 8 plus and ignore the X or get a cheap phone to keep me going until the X is out.

Didn't want to shell out on a new phone as wanted to upgrade my laptop as well to a macbook- and they are pricy. 

10 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

@David I'm pretty annoyed right now as my phone is dying after two years of abuse and over a 100 falls (Samsung s7 edge). Don't think it will last until November. So do I get the 8 plus and ignore the X or get a cheap phone to keep me going until the X is out.

Didn't want to shell out on a new phone as wanted to upgrade my laptop as well to a macbook- and they are pricy. 

Erm, pass.

I mean it’s down to what you prefer. 8 Plus is a much larger phone than the X, if that’s your thing go for that as the internals are almost identical. 

X will cost you a couple hundred more.

It’s said that sensible people avoid first gen products though, wait for the next model which irons out the kinks. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Erm, pass.

I mean it’s down to what you prefer. 8 Plus is a much larger phone than the X, if that’s your thing go for that as the internals are almost identical. 

X will cost you a couple hundred more.

It’s said that sensible people avoid first gen products though, wait for the next model which irons out the kinks. 

Thanks dude.

I have both a Samsung and an apple.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and I would find it difficult to choose the better one between the two.

I can see why people don’t like swapping between the two as simple things that you get used to over a period becomes a pain when it changes.  Apple I think wins on the layout of the phone for the simplicity, and you know that you aren’t going to get software or hardware problems.  The battery is not great though, and I’m not talking about the expanding ones, and they are also pretty boring, nothing really changes from one update to the next, a few gimmicks thrown in but the main things that you use the phone for are always virtually the same, but I suppose if it’s not broke why change it.

The Samsung feel like it’s a future gen phone, the look, the screen the design but for me the Apple just shades it, but only because I need my phone to be reliable all the time, and on occasions the Samsung need that bit of extra TLC over the Apple.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, froggg said:

Preordered the X silver 256gb, arrives sometime in November ?

Silver looks awful to me, black front, shiny silver sides and then white back, so wrong.

I most definitely haven't ordered a Space Grey 256GB to take a look at, see if it's any good, nope, I wouldn't do that and it's not arriving in 2/3 weeks.

1 hour ago, David said:

Silver looks awful to me, black front, shiny silver sides and then white back, so wrong.

I most definitely haven't ordered a Space Grey 256GB to take a look at, see if it's any good, nope, I wouldn't do that and it's not arriving in 2/3 weeks.

Hmm, I like the silver, thought I’d have a change from space grey, I’ll have it in a case anyway so will only see the screen.

Nope, didn’t actually let me on till 20 minutes after pre orders started so 2-3 weeks was given.

Not that fussed, reviews so far seem to be all positive which will be bad news for Google and their screen issues with the Pixel