Jump to content
David

Apple

Recommended Posts

Is that the same company that paid £12m in tax on a £2bn profit in the UK a few years ago, only about £400m short?  The same one that got a £11bn fine for tax avoidance?

When they start paying their tax I might look at their products. 0.005 per cent tax on its European profits for more than a decade...

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, McRamFan said:

Is that the same company that paid £12m in tax on a £2bn profit in the UK a few years ago, only about £400m short?  The same one that got a £11bn fine for tax avoidance?

When they start paying their tax I might look at their products. 0.005 per cent tax on its European profits for more than a decade...

You say that like we should have morales and use an Android *shudders*, not saying it's right but I like my phone to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Is that the same company that paid £12m in tax on a £2bn profit in the UK a few years ago, only about £400m short?  The same one that got a £11bn fine for tax avoidance?

When they start paying their tax I might look at their products. 0.005 per cent tax on its European profits for more than a decade...

Let it go, its eating you up Mac :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, David said:

You say that like we should have morales and use an Android *shudders*, not saying it's right but I like my phone to work. 

Never had an issue with any phone I have used since the mid 90's. Apple reliability is just hype, mate of mine fixes mobiles and he has equal amounts of both in for repair, and it's usually user error.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Never had an issue with any phone I have used since the mid 90's. Apple reliability is just hype, mate of mine fixes mobiles and he has equal amounts of both in for repair, and it's usually user error.

What really, Apple phones are notoriously temperamental?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, David said:

Never had one iPhone break, crack, smash, faulty, nothing, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6+, 6S+, 7+

Glorious phones, absolutely glorious

4 and 6 had a recall notice, 6+ bend issues and fire risk and 5 had so many problems it was unreal, on button went AWOL and charging problems, 7 screen freeze, nothing on any apple product is an original patent, even recently they paid Nokia for a patent under duress ( court order)

Samsung had a fire problem with the Note 7 and Apple paid £300m USD to discredit them for a fault through increased advertising streams.

Operating system, iOs operating system is excellent and highly efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Surprised you still use them @David. I've seen how much you've complained about Apple on Twitter.

Not moaned about iPhone? MacBook had issues but they replaced with a brand spankingly new sealed boxed one when it was out of warranty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, David said:

Not moaned about iPhone? MacBook had issues but they replaced with a brand spankingly new sealed boxed one when it was out of warranty.

 

Ah, fair enough. In terms of phones I was using Windows phones, but the lack app compatibility really hampers them, which is annoying considering how important they are for my job. So I've moved to Android and never looked back. They tend to be cheaper than Apple as well, which is good for my limited budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

4 and 6 had a recall notice, 6+ bend issues and fire risk and 5 had so many problems it was unreal, on button went AWOL and charging problems, 7 screen freeze, nothing on any apple product is an original patent, even recently they paid Nokia for a patent under duress ( court order)

Samsung had a fire problem with the Note 7 and Apple paid £300m USD to discredit them for a fault through increased advertising streams.

Operating system, iOs operating system is excellent and highly efficient.

Behave, give me any phone and I can bend the ******, that's the dumb YouTubers that drop test them out of 2nd story windows for views.

All the rest show me your sources as I can smell something farm yard like in here.

There was never any "recall notices" Apple were aware of a very very small number of 6S phones that shutdown which they replaced.

A recall is when the company issues for example urgent notices for all devices to be returned as they are fire risks. Never never happened with Apple.

For every Apple issue you can find I will link you to 5 Android phone issues from fires, security, Ram, display issues. 

Edited by David

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Ah, fair enough. In terms of phones I was using Windows phones, but the lack app compatibility really hampers them, which is annoying considering how important they are for my job. So I've moved to Android and never looked back. They tend to be cheaper than Apple as well, which is good for my limited budget. 

Yeah Windows are a bit diff for that, even this forums software developers won't support it, give it another couple of failed flagship phones and they will be gone.

Apple or Android now, your only 2 options.

I get the appeal for Android, more customisable, expandable storage but that comes with more security issues, App Store full of malware, adware virus crap. You basically accept the software that comes with the phone, updates are so slow if ever as you have to wait for the operator to fill it with their bloat ware before releasing it.....but they are cheaper and in some cases look nicer.

S8 looks super sexy, just a shame it runs Android

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.