Apple

Day

That screen notch thing bothers me & does spoil it IMO. There's no way Steve Jobs would have let it happen.

Having said that I've only recently upgraded to a 6S+, so it'll be a while before it becomes a decision I have to make.

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

That screen notch thing bothers me & does spoil it IMO. There's no way Steve Jobs would have let it happen.

Having said that I've only recently upgraded to a 6S+, so it'll be a while before it becomes a decision I have to make.

I barely notice the notch in my week with the X. Your eyes aren't drawn to it as they are in the promotional pictures and such. I had some reservations about the notch too which thankfully have all but disappeared with real world usage.

Had mine a couple hours now, initial thoughts are....it’s great, will take some getting used to with the gestures, hard to get out of the press home button action.

Size wise it feels perfect, slightly bigger than the standard iPhone size but smaller than the plus, it’s hit that sweet spot.

Has more weight to it but in a good way, feels really balanced in the hand, more solid with the stainless sides. Hard to explain but just pick one up and you can tell it’s a premium product.

The notch, it is there, I am noticing it and can’t decide if it annoys me or not yet.

Screen, I’m not wowed by it like others, can’t see much difference between this and the 8, you do notice the ghosting a bit more when scrolling fast past several tweets and that. 

Screen size wise though it’s awesome, love having a full screen with more content in view.

Also I’ve seen complaints of wasted space below the keyboard, that space allows the keyboard to be in the right place so you don’t have to shift your grip, I admit it looks a bit odd, maybe they could have filled it with less used buttons maybe copy and paste or something but no major.

• 1 month later...

Makes sense, batteries degrade over time, reduce the power of the phone to keep allow the phone to hold a decent charge.

Why I prefer to stay in a yearly upgrade cycle, look after the phone and it roughly costs £200 a year to upgrade after trading in.

Anything with a battery doesn’t last forever, running a phone into the ground and not even replacing the battery makes little sense.

There is that.

Samsung uses the same supplier for batteries now as iPhones apparently, the degrade will be just as real on those phones.

Wouldnt surprise me if there is some power managment on those phones, blazing fast then slow as owt after a year is a normal complaint.

Google will probably run a TV advert mocking it, then get found out to do the same a year later. 

On our away day to Fulham we get on the train slap our mobiles on the table and the laughs and abuse starts about my Blackberry ,by lunch time they are asking to borrow my mobi.

They last for years ,are virtually indestructible compared with most mobiles what's not to like. 

37 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

On our away day to Fulham we get on the train slap our mobiles on the table and the laughs and abuse starts about my Blackberry ,by lunch time they are asking to borrow my mobi.

They last for years ,are virtually indestructible compared with most mobiles what's not to like. 

I had a couple of Blackberries and really liked them. I used to love the joint slide out physical keyboard and touchscreen functionality. Like you said, they'd take a fair but of abuse too.

Unfortunately Blackberry, like Nokia were innovators who got complacent and failed to keep up once the competition got going. Nokia made the disastrous decision to go down the Windows route and Blackberry failed to invest in getting decent Apps for theirs. If they'd both have gone with Android, they might have held on to a decent market share.

Bless, you still trying? ☺️

This will get laughed off just like the hundreds of chancers that have tried before.

Trying to sue Google over privacy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-30/google-sued-over-data-claims-on-behalf-of-5-million-iphone-users

Turkish footballer sues Samsung over S8 logo 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-footballer-selcuk-inan-sues-samsung-for-s8-logo-123125

Court refuses to hear Samsung’s appeal on a patent lawsuit which Apple won

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/06/samsung-denied-supreme-court-appeal-in-apple-lawsuit/

Could go on all day....

No lawsuit was successful after the exploading batteries. Chancers.

Bit of advice - I’ve got a 5s that’s just started to be a bit slower after updating to iOS 11.2.1. I’ve no particular need to upgrade it for what it does, but is it worth replacing the battery and will that fix the problems caused by the new software?

27 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Bit of advice - I’ve got a 5s that’s just started to be a bit slower after updating to iOS 11.2.1. I’ve no particular need to upgrade it for what it does, but is it worth replacing the battery and will that fix the problems caused by the new software?

Pretty sure it’s the updates that slow the older ones down.