Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

Kent would offer something different, really fantastic dribbling ability. Ability to go direct at players we won't have now Ince has gone. I'd rather Lawrence on a permanent but he'd give us something different to the current crop.

Russell and Weimann are grafters, Anya's an old school winger and Blackman's a sort of second striker stuck out on the wing.

Need someone good on the ball.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BottrillRAM said:

Doesn't really impress me at all, very heavy first touches takes the ball away from him, seems very selfish on the ball and not really any quality in the end product, likes to look all fancy with the dribbling but half of the time the next pass ends up going backwards, no thanks! 

My opinion is the total opposite!

We need a selfish player (not that I thought he was from that video) who will run at defenders. That was highlights from only 1 game and he gave the defenders (one of the best defences in the league last season) an absolute nightmare.

Put better players around him like Huddlestone to send him on his way and I think he could be brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Mckram said:

My opinion is the total opposite!

We need a selfish player (not that I thought he was from that video) who will run at defenders. That was highlights from only 1 game and he gave the defenders (one of the best defences in the league last season) an absolute nightmare.

Put better players around him like Huddlestone to send him on his way and I think he could be brilliant.

We need players who commit defenders.

Too many times we cross the ball when we are outnumbered two to one in the box.

57 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We need players who commit defenders.

Too many times we cross the ball when we are outnumbered two to one in the box.

I totally agree.

He crossed the ball a lot against Leeds but maybe that was his instructions.

If Rowett told him to run at them and commit men he's the perfect player to do it. Leeds were doubling up on him every time and he still had the ability to beat them.

Doesn't surprise me that Leeds and Hull are after him, there was even talk Bournemouth were too. 

If they are the best highlights of him in that game, oh dear.

Cant cross, takes longer than Christie did to put a cross in. Got tackled in most dribbling clips...

If this is the best we are now being linked to, Gary lied to us.

Kent 'tore us a new one' at Oakwell and looked like a world beater (I think our less than average defending on the day helped him achieve this though)

That said he was willing to run at his man and shoot which is what is needed from an attacker in my opinion.

I was surprised to see him drift out of Barnsleys starting line up towards the end of the session. 

I'd say he would be very good addition and with his tricks, pace and shooting would offer some similarities to how Ince played.  In addition his age suggests there is definitely time for him to get better still. 

Sign him up

2 hours ago, BottrillRAM said:

Doesn't really impress me at all, very heavy first touches takes the ball away from him, seems very selfish on the ball and not really any quality in the end product, likes to look all fancy with the dribbling but half of the time the next pass ends up going backwards, no thanks! 

'Seems very selfish' but also likes to 'pass backwards'? He seems like he knows when to go toe-to-toe with the defender and when to play the ball to keep it moving. It just means he doesn't run aimlessly at defenders. Has tight control, great skill, and puts in a good set piece. We'd be lucky to get him.

Would it be a loan or permanent?

13 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

'Seems very selfish' but also likes to 'pass backwards'? He seems like he knows when to go toe-to-toe with the defender and when to play the ball to keep it moving. It just means he doesn't run aimlessly at defenders. Has tight control, great skill, and puts in a good set piece. We'd be lucky to get him.

Would it be a loan or permanent?

Loan.

Archived