Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Last season I totally agree, the three before that (9,6 and 9 goals) I can't really agree with. It's in black and white print. I'm not his biggest fan but we can't ignore facts just to suit an argument. 

Fair comment! Still think we need an upgrade on him and I'd be more than happy to see him on the bench.Rowett tried to sign him for Birmingham,though, so I suspect he'll be a regular this season. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Last season I totally agree, the three before that (9,6 and 9 goals) I can't really agree with. It's in black and white print. I'm not his biggest fan but we can't ignore facts just to suit an argument. 

Come on Mr Tibbs, you've been here long enough to know the truth.

Of course we can.

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

This statement is far too sensible and measured for this forum.

I thought ignoring facts was a condition of joining?

Incidentally I looked at Jota over 3 seasons

11 goals 3 assists

0 goals and 0 assists (only 18 games played)

12 goals 5 assists.

its funny how we cream our pants over other teams players and want to spend millions on them even though statistically they are worse then the players we actually have that have been consistently better.

funny old game in it! 

9 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Fair comment! Still think we need an upgrade on him and I'd be more than happy to see him on the bench.Rowett tried to sign him for Birmingham,though, so I suspect he'll be a regular this season. 

I'd be happy to see an upgrade on him - However I'd also like to see someone better brought in AND Russell still play :) I thought we were at our best last season when Ince and Russell were playing well - They added something a little different each and if we can get Russell back to 15/16 goalscoring levels he'll prove to be one of the better wingers in the league

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Johnny Russell

Rather have Johnny 5 from short circuit, might actually be able to take his chances at goal.

johnny5-2.jpg

Johnny 5 - Legendary.

A new Rams attacking unit scores a lot of goals and creates a high amount of chances.

Johnny himself would agree last season was not at the level he expects but if you go by chances created for himself I.e by getting into the right areas, if he had been better at finishing or making better choices with crosses / passes to colleagues (for which he was poor) then it could have been a totally different story.  Yes he has to up his game this season but I believe he has it in him.  Add work rate to his capability then you can see why Rowett may persevere 

2 goals and 4 assist, absolute beast mode that.

People living off his form from two-three years ago rather than realise he's become very scale and absolutely dire in front of goal. Six games he's on fire, the rest he's absolutely garbage.

The miss on Saturday summed him up, absolute s**t nowadays 

12 minutes ago, Papahet said:

People living off his form from two-three years ago rather than realise he's become very scale and absolutely dire in front of goal. Six games he's on fire, the rest he's absolutely garbage.

So who should we replace him with then? Like I said earlier I'm not a Johnny happy clapper but nobody so far has better consistent stats over the last 3 seasons. So who should we get in that's better?

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So who should we replace him with then? Like I said earlier I'm not a Johnny happy clapper but nobody so far has better consistent stats over the last 3 seasons. So who should we get in that's better?

Aiden Mcgeady. Was available for under a million.  How many goals did he contribute to last season? Absolute bargain to be had there 

Gareth McCearly another one who's IMO a better attacking player than JR

Then the obvious like Tom Lawrence.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Russell will have a decent season coming up. 

Hope you're right but he's not had the best of starts in the pre-season matches. Same failings as last season - total lack of composure when a goal-scoring opportunity comes along.

23 minutes ago, Papahet said:

It didn't go in? that's not going to change my mind; his finishing for an attacking player is appalling.

Plenty of effort, very little quality. Russell and Weimann are too similar 

Tend to agree with that. Not keen on them starting together.

34 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Almost identical to the one Martin missed at Doncaster.

24 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Tom Ince from Huddersfield.

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Aiden Mcgeady. Was available for under a million.  How many goals did he contribute to last season? Absolute bargain to be had there 

Gareth McCearly another one who's IMO a better attacking player than JR

Then the obvious like Tom Lawrence.

Aiden McGeady 10 goals 15 assists in 3 seasons and 4 years older.

gareth McCleary 17 goals 15 assists in 3 seasons and 3 years older

johnny Russell 21 goals 30 assists in 3 seasons and 27 years old

so Johnny Russell is better then those you mentioned. Already done Lawrence.

anymore? Or shall we start appreciating some of our own players instead of everyone else's?!

Archived