Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

I really don't get the hype around this Ojo kid, he barely set the world alight at Wigan and Wolves. What's changed to warrant this 10 million price tag and the sudden interest?

More to the point, Why sell Ince without a proper replacement lined up? 

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

yes, I forgot Fulham transformed Martin into a winger :lol:

Jokes aside, your point is valid in that Martin's goal input should match, if not surpass, Ince's; but what's slightly more worrying is that Ince was our only winger with any sort of end product so despite his goals being replaced, we're left with a dip in quality with our wide players. This is why, ideally, i'm sure we'd all like to see 2 wingers come in (Lawerence + Ojo would do nicely!)

I still don't see why we require two wide players (four if you include both full backs). Never have, never will do.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

I still don't see why we require two wide players (four if you include both full backs). Never have, never will do.

To add width... If you pushed all 10 outfield players into the middle of the park, do you not think it would get a bit congested? 

On top of that, wingers usually have pace and the skill to beat a man so they are most effective near the touchline as they can push into more offensive areas and create chances

17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I really don't get the hype around this Ojo kid, he barely set the world alight at Wigan and Wolves. What's changed to warrant this 10 million price tag and the sudden interest?

More to the point, Why sell Ince without a proper replacement lined up? 

Chris Martin was dire at Swindon, is he not worth £10+ million now and he was older?

Players mature and inevitably get better, he's a young lad, he may just have found some form that adds quality to his game, happens fairly regularly. Player's values would never increase otherwise...

28 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Nixon: ''Sheyi Ojo. Allowed to talk to Middlesbrough Derby and Fulham about a loan. Newcastle only get him if they buy...''

Doesn't sound like finalised to Fulham yet then maybe?

Hopefully we'll win the battle to sign him. 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Chris Martin was dire at Swindon, is he not worth £10+ million now and he was older?

Players mature and inevitably get better, he's a young lad, he may just have found some form that adds quality to his game, happens fairly regularly. Player's values would never increase otherwise...

I'd have thought the key word there would be 'now'.

36 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

yes, I forgot Fulham transformed Martin into a winger :lol:

Jokes aside, your point is valid in that Martin's goal input should match, if not surpass, Ince's; but what's slightly more worrying is that Ince was our only winger with any sort of end product so despite his goals being replaced, we're left with a dip in quality with our wide players. This is why, ideally, i'm sure we'd all like to see 2 wingers come in (Lawerence + Ojo would do nicely!)

Johnny Russell has better stats over the last 3 seasons than all the players linked to us.

not arguing FOR Russell btw as he's been pretty pants during preseason.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Johnny Russell has better stats over the last 3 seasons than all the players linked to us.

not arguing FOR Russell btw as he's been pretty pants during preseason.

Russell has better stats than Lawrence last season?

He probably meant on average over the last 3 years. Lawrence had a good season last term but doesn't seem to have ever done anything of note previously which is a bit odd for someone who is raved about as much as he is, especially at 23. 

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Russell has better stats than Lawrence last season?

As @Mr Tibbs said I meant on average. Russell was poor last season as we all know (as was most of the team) but both seasons before that he was pretty good and over the 3 seasons Russell is much better. 

2 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

I think average over the last 3 years is a more fitting description of Russell.  Tries hard but most of the time no end product.

Totally agree.I think some fans overlook his lack of end product due to his 100% effort(can't fault him on that).I call it the "Bucko" effect!

8 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

I think average over the last 3 years is a more fitting description of Russell.  Tries hard but most of the time no end product.

Last season I totally agree, the three before that (9,6 and 9 goals) I can't really agree with. It's in black and white print. I'm not his biggest fan but we can't ignore facts just to suit an argument. 

1 minute ago, PastRAMi said:

Russell 14-15 season 8 goals 15 assists in all competitions. Lawrence 6 and 4

Russell 15-16 season 11 goals and 11 assists in all competitions. Lawrence 2 and 4.

roles reversed this season identically. Which makes Russell +2 goals and +11 assists on average over the 3 season. 5 goals and 3 assists for Lawrence in under 23 games.

just sayin.

Archived