Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If we're being honest Martin didn't have the best of seasons last season, I know he's come out and said he has lots to prove and probably didn't settle, but if we're looking to challenge I still think we're one striker short especially if we're looking to play with a holding striker. Ulloa wanted a move in Jan and is one I'd be looking at if we have money to spend.

In Martin we already have the best holding striker in the Championship so spending money on Ulloa (substantial fee + significant salary) would be better used in strengthening other areas where there's more need I.e. wide attacking and central midfield.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

In Martin we already have the best holding striker in the Championship so spending money on Ulloa (substantial fee + significant salary) would be better used in strengthening other areas where there's more need I.e. wide attacking and central midfield.

Just worried we're going to base our whole game around him again, when in the past we've seen what happens when he's either out injured or gets marked out the game. We need as good as challenging him imo. Agree though other areas need looking at first. 

12 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Just worried we're going to base our whole game around him again, when in the past we've seen what happens when he's either out injured or gets marked out the game. We need as good as challenging him imo. Agree though other areas need looking at first. 

I think having Vydra and or Nugent will help Martin.

Its still criminal to think we signed Vydra and never teamed him up with Martin.

Martin and Nugent is a mouth watering prospect too, Martin is a clever striker and Nugent is quick. Both strikers capable of scoring hat tricks too, excited much!!!

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think having Vydra and or Nugent will help Martin.

Its still criminal to think we signed Vydra and never teamed him up with Martin.

Martin and Nugent is a mouth watering prospect too, Martin is a clever striker and Nugent is quick. Both strikers capable of scoring hat tricks too, excited much!!!

Yeah a lot of the games he was marked out of he had nobody up supporting him, so as you say could make his game even better having Nugent or Vydra alongside. 

25 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This may have been a valid point if McClaren were still in charge, but there is absolutely no evidence that Rowett will base our attacking threat solely around Martin.

41 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I think you'd have a point if we hadn't got Nugent who can both cover/provide competition for Martin or play alongside Martin.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

I am looking forward to seeing Martin partnered with Vydra or nugent - there are plenty of goals from those three 

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am looking forward to seeing Martin partnered with Vydra or nugent - there are plenty of goals from those three 

I also like that as a two we have any of them paired looking viable plus we can go with either Nuge or Martin as alone striker plus back up from any number of Weimann Blackman Russell and Bents not gone yet (although I expect him to)

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

New list? Yes of course he has Alan.

He left his old list in his trakkie  bottoms and they went through the wash. The names on it are the same, just new paper.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

New list? Yes of course he has Alan.

Good old #mrstatesthebleedinobviousalannixon

Heres a scenario...you go to buy a car on limited funds, inevitably you go to motor point but then....

Lucky you you've just won a quadruple rollover on the Euromillions and BOOM ? all of a sudden you find your self wandering around Aston Martin Garage with a completely different shopping list. 

#welcometogarysworld

#thankstomwillandcyrus

43 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Good old #mrstatesthebleedinobviousalannixon

Heres a scenario...you go to buy a car on limited funds, inevitably you go to motor point but then....

Lucky you you've just won a quadruple rollover on the Euromillions and BOOM ? all of a sudden you find your self wandering around Aston Martin Garage with a completely different shopping list. 

#welcometogarysworld

#thankstomwillandcyrus

A better analogy would be that you've won the lottery already but still go and look at bangers because you've not cashed your ticket in.

Rowett knew he would be moving there players on and knew he would get decent fees.

To suggest that he's surprised by getting this money and has therefore drawn up a new list of players doesn't sound right to me.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A better analogy would be that you've won the lottery already but still go and look at bangers because you've not cashed your ticket in.

Rowett knew he would be moving there players on and knew he would get decent fees.

To suggest that he's surprised by getting this money and has therefore drawn up a new list of players doesn't sound right to me.

Like it ?? very good @G STAR RAM

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He openly said he didn't want Ince to go but when an offer came in he didn't stand in his way.

i very much doubt the plan was to sell Ince and Hughes so we could keep Blackman and bent

targets change all the time and Ted is spot on with this. We had a small transfer budget then we suddenly have extra funds to look at different target

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He openly said he didn't want Ince to go but when an offer came in he didn't stand in his way.

i very much doubt the plan was to sell Ince and Hughes so we could keep Blackman and bent

targets change all the time and Ted is spot on with this. We had a small transfer budget then we suddenly have extra funds to look at different target

Hughes was a guarantee to leave, the fact that Rowett did not play him at the end of last season being a big clue.

He didn't think Ince was leaving but straight away was talking about a high quality replacement coming in? 

Targets do change all of the time I agree with but to suggest he's just drawn up an entirely new list is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

He left his old list in his trakkie  bottoms and they went through the wash. The names on it are the same, just new paper.

I heard Mel got so fed up with Rowett and his scraps of paper going missing he bought him a new Jota to keep his notes all neat and tidy.

#itk

Archived