Where is Sam?

loweman2

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Are we suggesting a sort of conflict of interest...a quid pro quo and a link between Wasserman and Mel's use of the term "bloated squad?". Did we readily buy players that we shouldn't have? :mellow:

I am of course not suggesting such a thing :thumbsup: Perhaps more that, in various circles it's understood the so and so works with so and so and so and so gets to do this deal.

I'm not suggesting a conflict of interest or corruption in any way

I think I was more going towards what at one point was a bonus in getting players in through a route Rush was well connected to had become limiting when other options might have been preferable. Not corrupt, but just some deals getting done a lot easier than others.

I regret my original comments lend themselves to such an interpretation and I should have phrased them better.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

May I on behalf of the forum offer a full apology for your snake pun being totally missed by the members and indeed the mods, @uttoxram75 in particular, I'm not angry, but disappointed in him.

In way of some late consolation, may I say I enjoyed your pun, and I also think you're a bit of a charmer.

To be fair, the last line of my post was a distraction. Should have scaled it back. 

Is he hissssssstory?

Has Darren Bent's extra year, obviously against GR's wishes, and the Rush/Wasserman connections got something to do with all this? It all seems related and timed with MM's interview about finally giving a manager a free hand in the transfer market.

So Mr Rush is going? About time for me, I know Mr Rowett and Mr Clough get on, so has Gary said something to Mel on this issue, for me Mr Rush was just full of spin, Gary to be in charge of playing matters and Mel to be in charge of finance, sounds like a simply and straight forward idea, one we should have adopted years ago in my option.

It's Mel's right to remove whoever he wishes, but it he's reading this, then I'm sorry, but any blame for this season falls at HIS feet and his only. Unless mistaken, pretty sure every dismissal has been a Morris decision, and whilst Clement and McClaren (2nd coming) were Rush decisions, Pearson was Mel's decision.

This season was scuppered by Mel's decision making, not Rush's. The bit Rush did got us out of the relegation fight, by getting McClaren back.

We were a class act a few seasons ago, we are now embarrassing again.

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

Really don't understand the venom being spat towards Rush lately. Football fans are weird. 

Scapegoatee.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Are we suggesting a sort of conflict of interest...a quid pro quo and a link between Wasserman and Mel's use of the term "bloated squad?". Did we readily buy players that we shouldn't have? :mellow:

37dbc8a540188f5f8efb95ee60751a4f.jpg

Oh, sorry. Squad.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

We have to be careful not to stray into speculation or say anything that could be construed as liable, but radioactive is correct in that agents from other companies were complaining earlier in the season that they didn't have the same level of access to the club as Wasserman has had. We also have Ayrton Wassall who apparently also works for Wasserman and a number of our youth players signed up to Wasserman. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

May I on behalf of the forum offer a full apology for your snake pun being totally missed by the members and indeed the mods, @uttoxram75 in particular, I'm not angry, but disappointed in him.

In way of some late consolation, may I say I enjoyed your pun, and I also think you're a bit of a charmer.

I did missssss the original pun, unforgivable.

Back on topic, I wunt  be surprised if he ended up in the Prem, slitherpool perhaps?

57 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's Mel's right to remove whoever he wishes, but it he's reading this, then I'm sorry, but any blame for this season falls at HIS feet and his only. Unless mistaken, pretty sure every dismissal has been a Morris decision, and whilst Clement and McClaren (2nd coming) were Rush decisions, Pearson was Mel's decision.

This season was scuppered by Mel's decision making, not Rush's. The bit Rush did got us out of the relegation fight, by getting McClaren back.

We were a class act a few seasons ago, we are now embarrassing again.

Mostyn

Im curious,

not having a pop, genuine question,

u say clement and mac mk2 were rush's decisions, is this on good authority?

the truth is we can speculate all we want we dont know what happens behind closed doors and who says and does what.

10 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

He's a snake. He's been terrible for this club. We've archived nothing in his time here. Should never have sacked Clough. He's a former football agent and we all know they are snakes. All that money he's wasted and we're no better off. Good riddance rush you snake

I'm guessing this is a joke?

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Mostyn

Im curious,

not having a pop, genuine question,

u say clement and mac mk2 were rush's decisions, is this on good authority?

the truth is we can speculate all we want we dont know what happens behind closed doors and who says and does what.

Just to be clear, I meant hiring them, not firing them.

Archived