Where is Sam?

loweman2

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm guessing this is a joke?

Depends what you mean by 'joke' MRIG.  If you mean the comment about not archiving anything in Sam's time here then it probably is a joke.  I'm sure Sam's filing is up to date and to be fair he probably has someone else to do it for him anyway.

If you mean the references to serpents, leaving and the like then it probably isn't a joke. Clough71/72's out and out dislike of anything Sam Rush related is probably only exceeded by Nigel's own dislike of SR.  They could almost be one and the same.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Why?

Not saying Mel's not, but what successes can you lay at Sam's door that makes you think this way?

The sacking of Clough, the 'having the balls' to sack someone with the name Clough, who we all hoped would take us up eventually.

The fact he took a chance and convinced the Americans to take a chance on Stevie Mac...a decision that had it not been for 10 seconds of horrific defending would probably ended with us having been promoted.

The fact he turned Derby County into a more professional and attractive proposition, which prompted Mel Morris to invest and secure our long term future.

The fact he was able to bully West Brom into selling George Thorne to us.

The fact he can sport facial hair that doesn't have him looking like a garden gnome like 75% of today's modern 'man'.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just to be clear, I meant hiring them, not firing them.

Either or really

do we know who decided to hire and who decided to fire 

my take on it, and its drawn up by my own thoughts and opinions

is basically, when all said and done mel calls the shots

imo,

rush's job as like any chief exec is to be the go between, 

from board to management, 

management to board

recruitment team to manager,

manager to recruitment team

And to deal with agents and contract to negotiations and to manage budegets accordingly

Imo i dont think theres too many chief execs that decide on when a manger is sacked that comes from the very top

tis only my take on it, so take as u will 

So Rush is highest paid director (assuming he is the highest paid director), his package is circa £500k per annum, so 3.5 years left would be a pay off in the region of £1.75 million.

Now granted th could be clauses in there but seriously, this is such a waste of money. In two years Morris is going as seeing Rush as vital to the long term success of this club to just another puppet in the ever failings of our club under Morris.

Mel if you genuinely want to see what the issue is at this club, look in the mirror.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I am of course not suggesting such a thing :thumbsup: Perhaps more that, in various circles it's understood the so and so works with so and so and so and so gets to do this deal.

I'm not suggesting a conflict of interest or corruption in any way

I think I was more going towards what at one point was a bonus in getting players in through a route Rush was well connected to had become limiting when other options might have been preferable. Not corrupt, but just some deals getting done a lot easier than others.

I regret my original comments lend themselves to such an interpretation and I should have phrased them better.

Did you get your rowing Blue at Oxford or Cambridge?

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Either or really

do we know who decided to hire and who decided to fire 

my take on it, and its drawn up by my own thoughts and opinions

is basically, when all said and done mel calls the shots

imo,

rush's job as like any chief exec is to be the go between, 

from board to management, 

management to board

recruitment team to manager,

manager to recruitment team

And to deal with agents and contract to negotiations and to manage budegets accordingly

Imo i dont think theres too many chief execs that decide on when a manger is sacked that comes from the very top

tis only my take on it, so take as u will 

He must be run off his feet.

So in summary, Percy has had a guess, and you've sucked it in like buckets. Just like you sucked in the Mirror 'drone' story.

30 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So Rush is highest paid director (assuming he is the highest paid director), his package is circa £500k per annum, so 3.5 years left would be a pay off in the region of £1.75 million.

Now granted th could be clauses in there but seriously, this is such a waste of money. In two years Morris is going as seeing Rush as vital to the long term success of this club to just another puppet in the ever failings of our club under Morris.

Mel if you genuinely want to see what the issue is at this club, look in the mirror.

Mel / the club will have to buy back SR's shares as well.

6 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Mel / the club will have to buy back SR's shares as well.

Are they publicly listed shares? It may not be that he has to sell his stake because he is no longer an employee.

I imagine, however, that if Rush leaves Mel will also want to have his shares off him as well - and Rush I dont think would be particularly keen to have a5% stake in a club that just forced him out.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's Mel's right to remove whoever he wishes, but it he's reading this, then I'm sorry, but any blame for this season falls at HIS feet and his only. Unless mistaken, pretty sure every dismissal has been a Morris decision, and whilst Clement and McClaren (2nd coming) were Rush decisions, Pearson was Mel's decision.

This season was scuppered by Mel's decision making, not Rush's. The bit Rush did got us out of the relegation fight, by getting McClaren back.

We were a class act a few seasons ago, we are now embarrassing again.

Quite correct...... oh how we laughed at others......

Not much more to comment from me. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The sacking of Clough, the 'having the balls' to sack someone with the name Clough, who we all hoped would take us up eventually.

The fact he took a chance and convinced the Americans to take a chance on Stevie Mac...a decision that had it not been for 10 seconds of horrific defending would probably ended with us having been promoted.

The fact he turned Derby County into a more professional and attractive proposition, which prompted Mel Morris to invest and secure our long term future.

The fact he was able to bully West Brom into selling George Thorne to us.

The fact he can sport facial hair that doesn't have him looking like a garden gnome like 75% of today's modern 'man'.

How did he bully West Brom into selling us Thorne?

Was it the same tactics he used to bring Martin back?

He's a suit, maybe he's done a good job, maybe a bad one, maybe he's done an average one that most others of his experience and ability could match?

I don't know, you don't know, but we've hardly progressed massively league position wise since he took the job, so on that measure it's hard to say he's been a massive success, or indeed failure!

Nothing against him, but I find the stone cold Sam Rush love in wierd, he's not the Messiah, or a naughty boy, he's just an exec like thousands of others.

On 29.4.2017 at 20:04, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe just needs a break as he's gonna have a busy summer sorting all the deals out. I like to look on the bright side

took a whole page of comments before this point of view was aired.

thats derby county fans for you!

Archived