Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wrong. They must shoulder the blame as they authorise and negotiate.

Problem is they are on record as having stated the overall plan was to promote from within, fostering a plan of bringing youngsters into the first team, and increasing the value of players. You can't just sign and sign and sign players, especially players with very limited potential.

Allowing managers to bring in any player to suit their fancy should have been vetoed at the time because it was contrary to the stated plan. If you don't have a plan then fair enough, but we did.

And where they can again be doubly faulted is they brought in the wrong managers who never fully embraced the vision OR they never had the strength of character to say no. Clement was especially bad here.

just saying you will give the manager the funds to do whatever they want sounds nice but it is only acceptable if they are 100% on the same wavelength. So we hired managers who pretended ? to buy into what we want to do but were so results driven they ditch the plan.

We bang on about how great an academy is yet we never see the players - meanwhile down the road they blood youth, even prematurely: but look what happened : it's Oliver Burke, 19, sold to Leipzig for 13m, Ben Brereton 17, now valued at 10m and wanted by Liverpool, and young Ben Osborn, 4m wanted by Newcastle. They play their upcoming stars. Is their academy so wonderful or are the talented young players just getting the chance to play, in contrast to ours at Derby.

The proof is walking the walk not talking the talk. If our academy is great then give the players the opportunities to play. We've blocked them at every turn and even now we talk about it, there are gaps in the side, and they still aren't playing! 

They authorise and negotiate to buy the players the manager wants.

The only way I see around that is capping transfer fees and wages.

Would you be happy for us to play our young players and sit 4th from bottom of the table? If not, I'm not too sure that Forest is a great example.

If you haven't seen any players that have come through our academy then I don't think you've been paying much attention!

The Forest example is a difficult one. They've blooded young players who have become very valuable assets, but they are a disaster in all the other positions. We were in a similar position when Hughes and Hendrick were brought through into the first team. Hendrick has since moved on for around 10 million, and Hughes is worth at least that. Would Forest have blooded those players if, like us, they had been in a position to push on and play for promotion rather than hanging on to Championship football? It is possible that they have unearthed better prospects than us recently, but then again we have got 2 or 3 that even in our current situation are still floating around the first team squad.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you haven't seen any players that have come through our academy then I don't think you've been paying much attention!

Hughes made his debut almost 6 years ago now and Hendrick is now at Burnley. Lowe gets the odd game every now and again when he isn't injured and the rest of the LBs are injured.

Not saying we don't have any prospects coming through the academy at the moment and Gary may use some of them if he sees potential, but this season at least they aren't getting anywhere near the first team squad.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Hughes made his debut almost 6 years ago now and Hendrick is now at Burnley. Lowe gets the odd game every now and again when he isn't injured and the rest of the LBs are injured.

Not saying we don't have any prospects coming through the academy at the moment and Gary may use some of them if he sees potential, but this season at least they aren't getting anywhere near the first team squad.

Max Lowe would also have had been a regular in my opinion if not for injury.

Zanzala was knocking on the door before getting injured.

Will probably be shot down and proven wrong here but not sure if there are many clubs up the top end of the division who will regularly have 3 or more academy products in their matchday squads.

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Will probably be shot down and proven wrong here but not sure if there are many clubs up the top end of the division who will regularly have 3 or more academy products in their matchday squads.

Brighton had one I believe same as us. Don't know about everyone else though.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree with the point about Max Lowe. He would be a regular if fit.

I'm not sure Zanzala was that near the first team. Did he even make the bench? But to be fair to him, given the excess of senior strikers we had, the pathway wasn't very clear for him

I think Lowe, Vernam, Elsnik and possibly Bennett will all get games next season; unless the latter three are sent on loan. I think we'll sell Rawson if we keep Shackell.

rumour as it  ...Sam as just come out of sulk mode   after watching his beloved Arsenal    lose 2 - 0  to  bitter rivals  Spurs  ..  hes so despondent   his fat back-side his stuck in his seat  ...   and cant be consoled   ....   come on fatboy    us  Derby fans  can only dream of being in premiership 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Were they HIS decisions?

Pearson the only hiring I didn't agree with. Not agreed with any of the sackings because I don't think any of the managers have been given long enough, however not been overly fussed about any of them.

Quite right. Pearson had at least 6 games too many :lol:

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Quite right. Pearson had at least 6 games too many :lol:

I hated Pearson as a person, I hated him as a manager, I hated what he was doing to the team but I still can't conceive a situation where I would have appointed him, knowing that he wanted to make changes, and then sack him 9 games later.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I hated Pearson as a person, I hated him as a manager, I hated what he was doing to the team but I still can't conceive a situation where I would have appointed him, knowing that he wanted to make changes, and then sack him 9 games later.

sadly its the MELVYN WAY    ...   could have had Wally  in May   ...but employs  Pearson  .... only to sack Pearson  .. then bring Wally back and sack him again   :D

7 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

sadly its the MELVYN WAY    ...   could have had Wally  in May   ...but employs  Pearson  .... only to sack Pearson  .. then bring Wally back and sack him again   :D

The re-hiring of Mac could conceivably have saved us from being in a similar situation to our neighbours. 

Once the same old problems re-surfaced the writing was on the wall.

With the circumstances surrounding him replacing NC, I think Mac cannot have too many complaints.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Only if you thought he may have bulls*****d you to get the job and then when you called him out on it, he went physical. 

Instant dismissal that in my book. 

Ps not in any way claiming that's what happened. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Only if you thought he may have bulls*****d you to get the job and then when you called him out on it, he went physical. 

Neither am I but it's funny that despite all the managerial changes this season he hasn't been associated with any of them. Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The re-hiring of Mac could conceivably have saved us from being in a similar situation to our neighbours. 

Once the same old problems re-surfaced the writing was on the wall.

With the circumstances surrounding him replacing NC, I think Mac cannot have too many complaints.

valid point -   i didnt want Wally back ..   but i was  merely stipulating   its the MELVYN WAY   ..due to how he conducts himself  regarding managers ..  and   yet again got it wrong  with employing Pearson   then reinstating Wally   ... if he,d have wanted Wally that bad    why didnt he employ him  instead of Pearson 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Even then I would probably need to accept that he had history and this sort of behaviour should not really have come as a surprise.

By appointing NP, surely MM knew he was getting a 'my way or the highway' approach...unless he is an ostrich.

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Mel's comments in the interview make it sound just like this. In more words, obviously

2 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

valid point -   i didnt want Wally back ..   but i was  merely stipulating   its the MELVYN WAY   ..due to how he conducts himself  regarding managers ..  and   yet again got it wrong  with employing Pearson   then reinstating Wally   ... if he,d have wanted Wally that bad    why didnt he employ him  instead of Pearson 

Just how utterly thick can you be?

Using a comma instead of an apostrophe - bizarre.

;)

Archived