Where is Sam?

loweman2

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just something seems like if this was something other than he's been forced out, the tone would be different "taking a well earned leave" "Has a personal situation which the club understand"...just "gone, no comment"

I have no idea whether he's going or staying but the club statement could be true - he could just be having some time off which meant he didn't have time to pen his column or was at the ground.  He might have been watching his daughter in an athletics event, helping his aged mother or having/recovering from an operation. Who knows. But no reason why the club have to explain what he's doing, particularly if it's the latter.

What we do know is that there was nothing riding on today's game, no requirement for the CEO to be at the ground at a match and we do know that there's likely to be a busy summer coming up with players out and in.  

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a snake. He's been terrible for this club. We've archived nothing in his time here. Should never have sacked Clough. He's a former football agent and we all know they are snakes. All that money he's wasted and we're no better off. Good riddance rush you snake

10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

We'll have see see how it pans out... 'I Know It's Over'

I know mate, its like it never really began ! we are not quite at the cemetery gates always next season, there is a light that never goes out !!!

18 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

He's a snake. He's been terrible for this club. We've archived nothing in his time here. Should never have sacked Clough. He's a former football agent and we all know they are snakes. All that money he's wasted and we're no better off. Good riddance rush you snake

So all in all, you think he's a good bloke then?

29 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Rubbish, Clough had served his purpose and had to go.

34 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

I am sorry but Clough had took us as far as he could. If anything Nigel should have gone in the summer before he did.

Hope there's nothing in this. Don't really understand any grounds for criticism for SR. Really like the way he conducts himself, and I think our overall stock as a club has risen since he got involved.

I liked Glick before him too, but if Sam Rush were to leave it would definitely be someone else's gain. 

I think his whole demeanor reminds me more of the type of enthusiasm you tend to come across more in rugby at an executive level. When he's got the remit to do so, I think Rush communicates with the fans really well, and that I would miss. 

38 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

So it never was down to Mel's micro-management, the lack of continuity with the appointment of managers imposing differing styles, an 'acquisition-panel' approach to the signing of players, bad luck with injuries or a series of mistakes from three players in 10 seconds at Wembley.

Thanks for enlightening us.

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Really don't understand the venom being spat towards Rush lately. Football fans are weird. 

.......and some more weird than others. People spouting hate and vitriol against individuals they have probably never met, simply to embellish their own particular point of view. 

14 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Hopefully it's not a personal/ health/ family issue most importantly.

Precisely - until there's some substance to back up the gossip, we should be cutting the bloke some slack. If the club aren't commenting and Radio Derby/the DET won't /can't add anything, the majority of comments on here are bang out of order.....

2 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Given your running theme you could have just posted a full-stop and I'd have assumed this entire message :D

Archived