Where is Sam?

loweman2

2 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

He's a snake. He's been terrible for this club. We've archived nothing in his time here. Should never have sacked Clough. He's a former football agent and we all know they are snakes. All that money he's wasted and we're no better off. Good riddance rush you snake

Do you think we should not have sacked Clough? Why didn't you say?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

.......and some more weird than others. People spouting hate and vitriol against individuals they have probably never met, simply to embellish their own particular point of view. 

:lol: Jesus. Have a lie down, frilly knickers. 

Mel Morris, the Derby County chairman, is set to axe chief executive Sam Rush as part of a ruthless inquest into the club’s season.

Rush has been told to stay away for the next two weeks and Morris could bring his four-year tenure to an end as part of an extensive review, after Derby again missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

Derby are preparing for another season in the Championship under new manager Gary Rowett and Rush is expected to take the hit after a turbulent period in which Morris has dismissed Steve McClarenand Paul Clement while Nigel Pearson departed by mutual consent after an alleged confrontation with the owner at the training ground.

Rush, who is also the Derby president and is understood to own shares in the club, was not at Saturday’s game against Wolverhampton Wanderers – a game they won 3-1 with goals from David Nugent, Bradley Johnson and Craig Bryson – and his usual column in the programme was not included.

It is believed that he will spend another fortnight away from Pride Park on leave and will be informed of his fate when he returns. 

The former head of football operations at Wasserman Media Group, Rush was given a five-year contract in October 2015 and highlighted as a key figure by Morris when he completed his takeover the same year.

But Morris is unhappy with the club’s failure to reach the Premier League, despite a substantial spend on players, and the Derby-based businessman is preparing to make another surprise dismissal.

The shake-up comes at a time when Derby appear to be heading towards a brighter future under Rowett, who was a popular appointment in March after the sacking of McClaren.

Rowett has guided Derby to four wins and two draws from eight games but the litany of disappointing campaigns before his arrival seem certain to claim another victim.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Mel Morris, the Derby County chairman, is set to axe chief executive Sam Rush as part of a ruthless inquest into the club’s season.

Rush has been told to stay away for the next two weeks and Morris could bring his four-year tenure to an end as part of an extensive review, after Derby again missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

Derby are preparing for another season in the Championship under new manager Gary Rowett and Rush is expected to take the hit after a turbulent period in which Morris has dismissed Steve McClarenand Paul Clement while Nigel Pearson departed by mutual consent after an alleged confrontation with the owner at the training ground.

Rush, who is also the Derby president and is understood to own shares in the club, was not at Saturday’s game against Wolverhampton Wanderers – a game they won 3-1 with goals from David Nugent, Bradley Johnson and Craig Bryson – and his usual column in the programme was not included.

It is believed that he will spend another fortnight away from Pride Park on leave and will be informed of his fate when he returns. 

The former head of football operations at Wasserman Media Group, Rush was given a five-year contract in October 2015 and highlighted as a key figure by Morris when he completed his takeover the same year.

But Morris is unhappy with the club’s failure to reach the Premier League, despite a substantial spend on players, and the Derby-based businessman is preparing to make another surprise dismissal.

The shake-up comes at a time when Derby appear to be heading towards a brighter future under Rowett, who was a popular appointment in March after the sacking of McClaren.

Rowett has guided Derby to four wins and two draws from eight games but the litany of disappointing campaigns before his arrival seem certain to claim another victim.

Ermmmm think someone has let the cat out of the bag.

Whatever the reasons may be for dismissing him for it to be published in the press before it happens is poor.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The former head of football operations at Wasserman Media Group, Rush was given a five-year contract in October 2015

Not quite..

There was no emoji to express my lack of surprise!!!

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Really don't understand the venom being spat towards Rush lately. Football fans are weird. 

May I on behalf of the forum offer a full apology for your snake pun being totally missed by the members and indeed the mods, @uttoxram75 in particular, I'm not angry, but disappointed in him.

In way of some late consolation, may I say I enjoyed your pun, and I also think you're a bit of a charmer.

36 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Good to hear he might be getting the axe. Hopefully it lessens Wassermans influence as well.

That might be a factor - wasn't there something about only certain agents being able to talk to Derby back in the transfer window?

If we're only getting players through Rush's contact book with all expected kick backs and sweeteners, I could see Mel not being happy - he pulled Radio Derby for the Burton match because he didn't want a "shared" experience (even though I think most of us would've been happy with Burton and Derby RD teams working together) - He rather take a hit to keep things as he wants them.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That might be a factor - wasn't there something about only certain agents being able to talk to Derby back in the transfer window?

If we're only getting players through Rush's contact book with all expected kick backs and sweeteners, I could see Mel not being happy - he pulled Radio Derby for the Burton match because he didn't want a "shared" experience (even though I think most of us would've been happy with Burton and Derby RD teams working together) - He rather take a hit to keep things as he wants them.

Are we suggesting a sort of conflict of interest...a quid pro quo and a link between Wasserman and Mel's use of the term "bloated squad?". Did we readily buy players that we shouldn't have? :mellow:

Archived