Where is Sam?

loweman2

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case anybody has missed anything:-

1 - We are an embarrassment for the fees we have paid for players, contracts handed out and wages offered to players

2 - Now there are rumours that the person responsible for all of the above will be getting sacked, we are an embarrassment 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 - We are an embarrassment for the fees we have paid for players, contracts handed out and wages offered to players

2 - Now there are rumours that the person responsible for all of the above will be getting sacked, we are an embarrassment 

If SR was responsible for everything in 1. You would have a good point. But in reality, was he? I don't know. Did MM do any of above directly?

GR says he'll be doing all above in future I think

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Finally addressing the mistakes then, Mel will have to move quickly to replace him so that GR is supported with the squad overhaul.

embarrassment is a bit strong, I'll save that for the Circus down the road. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

Daily Telegraph reporting Sam's going to get sacked: 

Mel Morris, the Derby County chairman, is to axe the chief executive, Sam Rush, as part of an inquest into the disappointing season. Rush has been told to stay away for the next two weeks and Morris could bring his four-year tenure to an end after Derby again missed out on promotion.

Rush was given a five-year contract in October 2015 and highlighted as a key figure by Morris when he completed his takeover the same year.

The shake-up comes at a time when Derby, who have had four managers this season, are heading in the right direction under Gary Rowett. Saturday’s 3-1 win over Wolves leaves them ninth.

Shame he cant sack himself.

Just now, feisty said:

If SR was responsible for everything in 1. You would have a good point. But in reality, was he? I don't know. Did MM do any of above directly?

GR says he'll be doing all above in future I think

Well if SR is not responsible for everything in 1 there is no point him being here anyway.

I would be very surprised if GR is responsible for transfer fees, contracts and wages.

2 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Finally addressing the mistakes then, Mel will have to move quickly to replace him so that GR is supported with the squad overhaul.

embarrassment is a bit strong, I'll save that for the Circus down the road. 

They weren't my opinions, I was repeating words used by others on this thread

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Keep stirring.

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Shame he cant sack himself.

... because you have £15m a year to plough into the club and are willing to step in.

I still don't understand how either Mel or Sam get the blame for the players we've signed.  All they have done is back the manager/recruitment department (yuk) in providing the funds necessary to sign the players they presumably wanted.  They should be applauded for that.  If the signings haven't worked out then, well, that's football!  No guarantees with any signing, and as I've banged on about before, there would be considerable moaning if either of them had blocked a transfer because they weren't keen on a player or wouldn't shell out the cash.  Don't get it.  

For all the criticisms they get over players' contracts and all that guff, well 99.9% of that is wild speculation anyway and nobody knows how much players are getting paid or the clauses in contracts or anything else.  

1 minute ago, eddie said:

... because you have £15m a year to plough into the club and are willing to step in.

Devil's advocate, he could still own the club but distance himself from the day to say running of the club.

Not sure why he would want to do that though and certainly not something I would expect.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I still don't understand how either Mel or Sam get the blame for the players we've signed.  All they have done is back the manager/recruitment department (yuk) in providing the funds necessary to sign the players they presumably wanted.  They should be applauded for that.  If the signings haven't worked out then, well, that's football!  No guarantees with any signing, and as I've banged on about before, there would be considerable moaning if either of them had blocked a transfer because they weren't keen on a player or wouldn't shell out the cash.  Don't get it.  

For all the criticisms they get over players' contracts and all that guff, well 99.9% of that is wild speculation anyway and nobody knows how much players are getting paid or the clauses in contracts or anything else.  

As much as there is wild speculation, the figures in the accounts do give some sort of insight into what we are paying.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Devil's advocate, he could still own the club but distance himself from the day to say running of the club.

Not sure why he would want to do that though and certainly not something I would expect.

The thing is, every single decision he has made (i.e. the managerial appointments and the sackings) has met with the approval of SOME of the fan base - and was called for in advance. So he must be doing something right in the eyes of some.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

The thing is, every single decision he has made (i.e. the managerial appointments and the sackings) has met with the approval of SOME of the fan base - and was called for in advance. So he must be doing something right in the eyes of some.

Were they HIS decisions?

Pearson the only hiring I didn't agree with. Not agreed with any of the sackings because I don't think any of the managers have been given long enough, however not been overly fussed about any of them.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if SR is not responsible for everything in 1 there is no point him being here anyway.

I would be very surprised if GR is responsible for transfer fees, contracts and wages.

My point is he should be responsible for those things. You need someone to do that at executive level.

And you obviously didn't listen to the GR interview where he said he liked to handle all contract negotiations with agents himself

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's precisely what shareholders do usually. They own and oversee strategy at a Board level; and delegate day-to-day running to an executive team. It's precisely what one would expect. 

Not clear what model of corporate governance you expect?

Archived