Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I doubt some tin pot reporter knows how much he's on anymore than anyone on here tbh.

The complete and utter toss that reporters come out with is only rivalled by the complete and utter toss that some of our #ITKers come out with.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Have we learned fck all since last time, why are we strengthening a competitor AGAIN? Particularly at this late stage in the window, if we don’t replace CM and JR this could be a catastrophic misjudgement by our club. 

I hope I’m wrong??

Competitor? When was the last time you studied the league table Ted?

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Have we learned fck all since last time, why are we strengthening a competitor AGAIN? Particularly at this late stage in the window, if we don’t replace CM and JR this could be a catastrophic misjudgement by our club. 

I hope I’m wrong??

Erm how are Reading a competitor this season, apart from being in the same division?

6 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hope I’m wrong??

Reading could well be a huge help to us, taking points off our promotion/playoff rivals.

What's not to like?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Competitor? When was the last time you studied the league table Ted?

When it was still sponsored by Endsleigh....

21 minutes ago, cannable said:

You have to look at it as ‘has anything about HIM specifically changed or is it the system’.

Take Martin and Bryson.

Has Martin lost what made him good? Ergo; touch, intelligence, passing, finishing. You’d say no, it’s circumstance over the past two years that have knackered him.

Bryson on the other hand, whose game is about energy and runs into the box, keeps getting niggling injuries now. At 31, unless he can reinvent himself, he’s probably coming to the end.

Hi

through no fault of his own I don't know the answer.  GR sees him most days and will know whether these skills are starting to allude him.  players mature at different rates and it is not certain whether he still possesses those skills to the required level.  One thing is for certain is that he needs regular football to prove his worth.  I would be disappointed in him if he chose to sit on the bench for the rest of the season, will do nobody any good 

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Erm how are Reading a competitor this season, apart from being in the same division?

The leagues sponsered??

We are still in the 2nd Division looking for promotion to the 1st Division aren’t we ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Fair one I thought Reading were further up the league than they currently are..... DOH!!!!

??

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The leagues sponsered??

We are still in the 2nd Division looking for promotion to the 1st Division aren’t we ??‍♂️?‍♂️

Fair one I thought Reading were further up the league than they currently are..... DOH!!!!

??

17 games to go....they could make a charge up to the promotion places as have previously

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Must be a tough medical he's having. Poor bloke been there most of the day. Either that or the wardrobe has become unhinged during his time on the side lines.

I suspect he’s holding out as long as possible for a better offer. Not sure ones going to be forthcoming tho 

Sky reported that he was having a medical and both us & Reading were happy with the deal but Martin hadnt yet agreed personal terms so that could be the hold up.

Might be hoping Palace come in for him! Played before and they had an 8m bid for Hugill rejected, Martin is better, available amd more than likely cheaper.

Archived