Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I’m stunned to have lost Chris and  Johnny at this crucial stage of the season. 

If it works out then Gary Rowett really is a genius.

Was watching a Johnny Russell video the number of goals him and Chris helped each other score was amazing. I think it is a sad loss and we have lost an option of attacking in a different way. 

6 hours ago, rynny said:

If Gary Madine is worth £6m Martin has got to be worth double. Mimimum.

I would agree, but it seems like the market is valuing form as much or more as what a player has shown over the years. So Madine having his best 6 months sees his value more than Martin, who's having his first bad period in years (and thats only because he's not playing)

8 hours ago, rynny said:

agreed, we must be overwhelmed with clubs looking to get such a bargain?  Perhaps, he is going to the Sates for a bag of sweets and a balloon?

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

I would agree, but it seems like the market is valuing form as much or more as what a player has shown over the years. So Madine having his best 6 months sees his value more than Martin, who's having his first bad period in years (and thats only because he's not playing)

pretty much the crux of the problem and the reason for the polarisaton of views here.

what a player can do now as against his potential when looking back?

whether you should risk playing him more in the hope that his bad period ends?

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Madness,but fair play to Madine for sorting himself out from a being in prison for violence and being well know in town here for being a big drinker.

No way is he worth more than Martin.

Good move for them, him and us.

He’ll be very good there, hopefully raise his value by the summer.

Bit worried that every time I buy into this Derby team, they disappoint and the 0-0’s that are starting to crop up are a bit worrying. A few weeks ago I was happy for Martin to leave once Jerome came in but now there’s a little voice in the back of my head saying we’ll need him before the end of the season.

Need to free up wages though because we’re desperate for a decent winger.

10 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Would suit their style of play down to the ground.

Hope there's a decent loan fee involved... c£1m

At least £1m.

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

pretty much the crux of the problem and the reason for the polarisaton of views here.

what a player can do now as against his potential when looking back?

whether you should risk playing him more in the hope that his bad period ends?

You have to look at it as ‘has anything about HIM specifically changed or is it the system’.

Take Martin and Bryson.

Has Martin lost what made him good? Ergo; touch, intelligence, passing, finishing. You’d say no, it’s circumstance over the past two years that have knackered him.

Bryson on the other hand, whose game is about energy and runs into the box, keeps getting niggling injuries now. At 31, unless he can reinvent himself, he’s probably coming to the end.

Archived