Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Everyone has been messed about where Chris Martin is concerned, including Chris Martin. It's been a bad 2 years for him, the club, the supporters and dare I say it Fulham.

Exactly, even more reason for him to chew the fat over any potential move. Would have been so easy for him to vent his anger at everything and everyone connected with dcfc for the predicament he's in. Fair play though he's shown class off the pitch just like he does on it. Hope he gets the outcome he desires. He deserves it for being a good servant to the club.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Everyone has been messed about where Chris Martin is concerned, including Chris Martin. It's been a bad 2 years for him, the club, the supporters and dare I say it Fulham.

Reflective of football and life in general I’m afraid. Too much short-termism. I always saw the new contract and the lost throw of the dice with regards to getting him back. Ourselves and him couldn’t just wait five months. 

And funnily enough he’s now being bashed for being more selective with his next move!

Now, now, now!

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just interested to know what makes you say he's messed Coleman about? Way I see it, without knowing all the facts I hasten to add, is that he's taken his time mulling over the move. Afterall it will probably be his last big move so on that basis it's hardly surprising that he didn't jump into it without giving due consideration.

The Black Cats agreed a loan deal with the Rams for Martin and the player travelled to the North-East 10 days ago and seemed keen to sign, only to then ask for 48 hours to make up his mind, and then another 48 hours as he travelled with Derby to Dubai for warm weather training.

My point is he seemed keen to sign, why give them that impression and then say I need more time to think it over. There is no doubt that that he has messed Coleman about.  

Just now, Hector was the best said:

The Black Cats agreed a loan deal with the Rams for Martin and the player travelled to the North-East 10 days ago and seemed keen to sign, only to then ask for 48 hours to make up his mind, and then another 48 hours as he travelled with Derby to Dubai for warm weather training.

My point is he seemed keen to sign, why give them that impression and then say I need more time to think it over. There is no doubt that that he has messed Coleman about.  

Or Coleman should have had the balls to say no when Martin asked for even more time - I'm not a fan of Coleman, but reading the article, he comes across as a mardy fecker with an overblown idea of his and Sunderland's standing in the football world

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

No problems at all for me if Chrissy Martin wants to stay and fight for his place.

Absolutely and when you look at someone like Ashley Barnes doing so well in the premiership no one can seriously say that Martin can’t as well 

43 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

I still think he has every right to take his time before deciding. It must have been appealing to him initially otherwise why waste his time travelling up there. Something or somebody has made him have a change of heart. Only CM himself knows the reason. Maybe Colemans perma tan clashed with the polished varnish of the wardrobe, who knows. Gotta be honest Colemans nose being out of joint is of no consequence to me in the slightest. Only care about DCFC and not a mardy, Taffy Mackem.

1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

Love a bit of speculation me. 

Straight in the same bin as the 'disruptive influence', 'Tom Ince's frenemy', 'Signing for Wolves' garbage. 

Your basis for all this?  2+2 = 76

If you've ever gone for a job interview and not seemed keen to get the job while talking with your potential employer, I expect you were rejected pretty quickly. I know footballers aren't famed for their intelligence but he'd have to be a moron not to appear enthusiastic while in Sunderland. 

We all know Martin is old news at Derby and we can safely assume that he’s not ambitious, so at this point all we are interested in is a) recouping some of the silly money that was thrown at Martin while at Fulham; and b) making sure he’s not a disruptive force since he won’t be playing. 

Reading and Staam is prob our last hope since Sunderland’s manager clearly can’t abide him now. Unless he calls Coleman and says he’s sorry for running them around that is. Still, it’s a major drive in the opposite direction to Sunderland from Derby to Reading for someone who prob just wants to chill out and stay around Derby. 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

We all know Martin is old news at Derby and we can safely assume that he’s not ambitious, so at this point all we are interested in is a) recouping some of the silly money that was thrown at Martin while at Fulham; and b) making sure he’s not a disruptive force since he won’t be playing. 

Reading and Staam is prob our last hope since Sunderland’s manager clearly can’t abide him now. Unless he calls Coleman and says he’s sorry for running them around that is. Still, it’s a major drive in the opposite direction to Sunderland from Derby to Reading for someone who prob just wants to chill out and stay around Derby. 

And we all know that you're a crashing bore who makes absurd assumptions in a lame attempt to justify some pathological distaste for one of your own players. Frankly, I'd far rather be rid of you than Chris Martin. 

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why at any cost?

He has 2 and a half years of his contract left and other than the desire to play first team football surely his motivation to move will only come of he finds a suitable club/deal that suits him and his family...not Derby county.

And whilst the number of McLaren era colleagues is being whittled down by rowett,I wouldn't have thought that it will be his primary motivation to leave.

Hopefully though,a deal will be sorted by wednesday and he can move on.

God! He's not going there, is he?:o

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

And we all know that you're a crashing bore who makes absurd assumptions in a lame attempt to justify some pathological distaste for one of your own players. Frankly, I'd far rather be rid of you than Chris Martin. 

He’s not “my” player sorry. Players who actually play for us or have potential to play for us in the future are “my players”.

Do you think he will play again for us, let alone contribute?

Will he ever start another game at Derby? Tell me.

You think it’s wise to just keep him around?

Your personal attacks are entertaining but getting old. Get with reality. 

35 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Reading and Staam is prob our last hope since Sunderland’s manager clearly can’t abide him now.

I've been informed Jaap Staam was/is on the verge of being sacked a few days ago. There is also ongoing change of the ownership of Reading FC. I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere on the internet.

Archived