Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

Certainly not a surprise that one. Been a decent bench option this year but in Jerome we have a competent replacement for him so letting him go out and get games makes sense- tho a permanent move would have allowed much more room with ffp. Looks like they’re paying all his wages so hopefully we can now go out and get a winger. What a player over the years tho, thanks for everything Martin, but your time is up and it’s time for a new dressing room.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Hallelujah! 

Not going to a great team but one who’ll play to his style so we will learn how good he really is - hopefully he’ll find his afterburners and we can get a chunky fee in the summer. 

Surprised to see you posting. Thought you might be at A&E with a constant erection. :lol:

All you've needed to know has been said two weeks ago.

On 17.1.2018 at 11:48, Dimmu said:

My guess is Reading. They've struggled to score lately... .

On 18.1.2018 at 14:06, Dimmu said:

Surely loan is better than selling. When Rowett gets sacked and Mac comes back, we'll need Martin!

Very sad day,esp combined with the loss of Russell as my two favourite derby players have now exited stage left.

Our best striker,the current bunch included,in my opinion but it wasnt to be under rowett and I wish him well at reading,he's been a faithful and loyal servant to the club and hope it proves to be a success for both of them.........last time reading played at pride park I thought they played some good football which should suit martin.

Winnall, Nugent, Vydra & Jerome! It's the most diverse forward lineup we've ever had whilst in the championship! All proven championship scorers too. It's the end of an era but optimistic about the rest of this season!

47 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Just wiping away a tear reading this. When is the funeral?

I always thought the last loan was just a temporary insanity until we righted the dreadful Pearson appointment. This time I think it's for good - we've moved on as a club. So, I thought I would express my thanks to a player that did great stuff for us and was at the heart of some of our best football for many years.

I am right behind the new Derby because of their results, but I can't help missing the old one's exciting brand of football. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

That picture hurts. At least when he was at Fulham last season his kit resembled a Derby kit at first glance. ?

Its the multi coloured boots that hurt my eyes.

Feel unfeasibly sad about this. I always believed that he was our talisman and that something exciting could always happen when he was on the pitch.

I don’t doubt that he still has a lot to offer, it’s just a shame it’s not going to be with us. 

Archived