Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

24 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Was making a poor joke about the respective locations - I'd sooner be living in Fulham is what I meant.

Putney Pies v Parmos (ok, I know they originated in Middlesbrough).

It's a tough decision, but Fulham wins for me.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have no reason to doubt or believe you buddy, but without a track record or source for your information all it does is make me laugh.  

Taking it as true, can you find out if Mrs Martin has a long list of DIY jobs she wants her husband to do over the Spring months?

She's probably like my missus and will drag him shopping on weekends he hasn't got a match. It will make Sunderland look a stones throw away believe me.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So did they change their mind then? They weren't too keen on him ending his loan with them early when we wanted him back?

Jimbo don't shoot the messenger mate they have been saying for weeks they don't want him Their manager reiterated it Thursday 

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Jimbo don't shoot the messenger mate they have been saying for weeks they don't want him Their manager reiterated it Thursday 

Have they? Thought he just said Martin won’t be coming to Fulham, not that they didn’t want him.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm pleased he didn't go to sunderland.

and i couldn't care less if they are miffed about it.

Surely won't be pleased if him staying on the books cost us the opportunity to bring a wide player in tomorrow?

Martin will not be involved for the rest of the season and we are desperate for a quality wide player with Russell leaving.

Goalless in a couple of games and the new striker we've bought is hard working but not prolific. With Chris out of the picture am I the only one thinking he could freshen up the options and keep other teams guessing. Personally I'd be very tempted to bring him back into the starting line up and say 'go on then, prove you've still got what it takes' - it's time for heroes. 

48 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Goalless in a couple of games and the new striker we've bought is hard working but not prolific. With Chris out of the picture am I the only one thinking he could freshen up the options and keep other teams guessing. Personally I'd be very tempted to bring him back into the starting line up and say 'go on then, prove you've still got what it takes' - it's time for heroes. 

One things for certain for me at the moment, that our striking options have become worryingly similar in that we seem to be replacing ‘like for like’ in players who will runabout, try and cause problems. To do this though we’ve sacrificing our only striker who’s not only a bit different to that but also one who’s tried, tested and hasn’t let us down this season. May be proven wrong, but at the minute I’m a bit baffled by the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

DIDNT THEY PAY 500K FOR HIM SURELY THAT MAKES HIM THEIR PLAYER PLUS THEIR SEASON STARTS NEXT MONTH I UNDERSTAND

The horse may have already bolted. I can't keep up with it.

but it was totally within our control to limit the disruption and give ourselves time to find a replacement.

Archived