Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

1] He’s not “my” player sorry. Players who actually play for us or have potential to play for us in the future are “my players”.

2] Do you think he will play again for us, let alone contribute?

3] Will he ever start another game at Derby? Tell me.

4] You think it’s wise to just keep him around?

5] Your personal attacks are entertaining but getting old. Get with reality. 

In order....

1] I'm sure the players "who actually play for us or have potential to play for us in the future" will sleep easier knowing that they they are 'your players'. When they read this they'll probably do a little dance to celebrate.

2] The only people who can answer this question are GR and Chris himself. 

3] I don't know, but whether he does or does not, his efforts at Derby warrant respect, a notion you have shown yourself incapable of grasping.

4] He has a contract, a concept that seems far too complex for you to digest. He's not obliged to do anything that suits neither his footballing career, his wage packet or the stability and happiness of his wife and kids. This may come as a shock, but I doubt he factors your opinions into any such decisions.

5] At least I entertain you on occasions. Just a shame you've always failed so miserably to reciprocate.

As for my grasp on reality, well the longer I'm fully at odds with you, the longer I'll be satisfied that some modicum of brain function still persists inside my ravaged old noggin. But thanks for your concern... :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Or Coleman should have had the balls to say no when Martin asked for even more time - I'm not a fan of Coleman, but reading the article, he comes across as a mardy fecker with an overblown idea of his and Sunderland's standing in the football world

Fully agree, if Coleman pinned all his hopes on Martin coming he was foolish as well as a mardy fecker. Wherever Martin is come the home game against Sunderland, really, really hope the South Stand chime up with a there’s only one Chrissy Martin chant (whether he stays or goes!).

46 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think wheels will be set in motion tomorrow regarding CMs future. Since we have a game in London he will more than likely sign for Fulham. Thus giving himself all of Wednesday to sort his onward move to Wolves. Remember where you saw it first. I do, it was in the Daily Ninograph.

To be fair, the Ninograph was only quoting #toddyfacts

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why at any cost?

He has 2 and a half years of his contract left and other than the desire to play first team football surely his motivation to move will only come of he finds a suitable club/deal that suits him and his family...not Derby county.

And whilst the number of McLaren era colleagues is being whittled down by rowett,I wouldn't have thought that it will be his primary motivation to leave.

Hopefully though,a deal will be sorted by wednesday and he can move on.

All the nonsense about martin going to prem at Stoke, when he cannot even get into a championship side is entertaining... then we find out he off to the Wendies....:D

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Probably waiting for Lambert/Stoke to get on the blower. Wouldnt look out of place there, doesnt have to move house, gets Prem football and Lambert was a fan whilst at Norwich.

Ideal scenario for everyone

Him and holt both took Norwich to the premiership under lambert 

3 hours ago, toddy said:

All the nonsense about martin going to prem at Stoke, when he cannot even get into a championship side is entertaining... then we find out he off to the Wendies....:D

Isn’t that exactly how you find a bargain?

Players who suit a role in your system but are out of favour because they don’t suit their present clubs’.

Ergo how we found Martin initially, him having a poor loan-spell in League One then banging in 20 in The Championship a year later…

Being a Beccles boy like Chris I fully understand why he does not want to leave Derby. 

Growing up in Beccles a town on the Norfolk/Suffolk border means most people support Norwich or Ipswich, 2 people from that town have been lucky enough to find Derby, myself and Chris. The impact the supporters and the club has had on us is huge after boring Norwich and Ipswich supporters means we have totally fell in love with Derby. 

I can't even stand watching another team unless they are playing Derby no way would I want to play for any team but Derby.  

Been told Chris Martin will not be leaving.

He had offers from both Fulham and Sunderland. Apparently he was eager to go to Fulham but his mrs persuaded didn’t want him to. He didn’t want to move to Sunderland as it was too far away. He’s annoyed chris Coleman to the point where he’s rang up Rowett because of Martin messing them about. Coleman extremely p***** off with him

28 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Been told Chris Martin will not be leaving.

He had offers from both Fulham and Sunderland. Apparently he was eager to go to Fulham but his mrs persuaded didn’t want him to. He didn’t want to move to Sunderland as it was too far away. He’s annoyed chris Coleman to the point where he’s rang up Rowett because of Martin messing them about. Coleman extremely p***** off with him

Family first, can’t say he’s never not been on loan

Archived