Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Fair point, he did get us in the play offs just didn't come across very well for me and his management of the Rotherham away game was bizarre,  or as you say erratic. Gotta say his last game in charge was one of the best Derby performances in recent times but he's definitely not the man to take us forward.  

Not the man to take us forward, I agree, but equally I don't think he's going to do a world of damage in one training session tomorrow morning.

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tbf, Wassal got us into the playoffs which is more than shteve has done this year... But we need the permanent manager in sooner rather than later.

He did get us in the play offs but from a substantially better position than when Mac took over. Don't think anybody had play off aspirations when SM came back.

SSN had some marvellous footage to accompany the news of the sacking. 

Mcclaren on the training ground gesturing positions with his arms while Bradley Johnson turned round slowly on the spot looking completely confused.

I wonder if we see the team next game do a Leicester and start running around a bit. Shameful if so.

There is a lot of hot air being spouted. I said I would personally give Mac the rest of this season and a summer but it all depended on his conversations with Mel and Sam and his plan going forward. If that plan wasn't convincing enough them Mac had to go. 

Most of you on here moan if you don't feel you are getting value for money from your season ticket. How the heck would you feel if you were investing each year what Mel is.  None of us are qualified enough or in the know enough to make an informed decision.

Unless I am mistaken I can see none of us  stepping up to invest millions to prop up Derby County?

I'm picturing @curtains running around his living room, banging a saucepan with a wooden spoon for 20 mins, before necking a few pints of stout from his Worlds Greatest Troll mug in celebration tonight...

what a shitshow we're becoming. Should've given him til the end of the season and asked him to present a comprehensive plan on how to take the club forward within a week of the final game. If you don't agree with what he says, sack him then, and give yourself plenty of time to source a replacement...

Joke!!!

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

I know a lot of Derby fans will be disappointed but this is definitely in our best interests.

He was/is an excellent coach but he is not a manager and never will be. In fact he was totally inept, tactically incompetent and a poor motivator.

I wish him no malice but am absolutely over the moon.

Mr Rowett or Mr Warburton please :-))

Only problem is we are now ditching so called "Derby Way" if Rowett rumours are true. 

We will become Middlesbrough MK2. Not saying it's bad to get results but with our fan base, if we aren't smashing goals in left right and centre then everyone boos. 

Troubling times ahead.

1 minute ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Only problem is we are now ditching so called "Derby Way" if Rowett rumours are true. 

We will become Middlesbrough MK2. Not saying it's bad to get results but with our fan base, if we aren't smashing goals in left right and centre then everyone boos. 

Troubling times ahead.

All in your mind. Just guessing.

24 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Rowett a shoe in, yet unproven in getting a championship club promoted, and he rates Shotton, we are shafted now, Mac's had no money to spend, joke of a club. Come on you Rams, pffft.

Sorry can we just remember who brought Shotton to Derby in the first place? I backed Mac and I wouldn't be upset with Rowett, one player doesn't represent a manager. Case in point: Alex Ferguson signing Bebé.

28 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Rowett a shoe in, yet unproven in getting a championship club promoted, and he rates Shotton, we are shafted now, Mac's had no money to spend, joke of a club. Come on you Rams, pffft.

I get the point but Rowett has the exact same amount of experience as Mac when it comes to getting promoted out of this league. Our manager before Mac was very well qualified to get promoted and stay up. And that went well.

36 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

quote from the daily mail

"Sources indicate senior players not signed by the former England manager during his first spell held reservations about his style."

some of these players are absolutely toxic and need to get out of this club ASAP

Implication is that it was players who were signed after he left. That gives us:

Carson, Shackell, Baird, Pearce, Olsson, Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Anya, Blackman, Camara

The Daily Mail tend to be pretty spot on with their sports reporting - Laurie Whitwell is well-respected by football journalists. He knows his stuff. 

Archived