Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is a very sad time for the club, we had a manager with a very good win ratio that has now been sacked. Now pushed out of the door because of the continual lack of effort of the players on the pitch.

Since 2015, we have had Mac 1, Clement, Walsall, Pearson, Mac 2, Rowett?

6 managers in 2 years!       Same players!!!!!?

Perhaps Mel should actually look at the players, and why they are not doing what is asked of them rather changing managers every few months.

We will never get any stability here whilst the axe is continually falling what happened to the common sense within Derby County.

Mel, whilst you are a fan and one that finances us very well, maybe it's time to let a manager manage.

A sad time for all Derby fans.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ramdoc said:

Thank god he's gone.Not at surprised after that disgrace at Brighton.Can look to next season with a bit better hope of positive change now.If the scouts have gone that's even better

Positive change? If our saviour is to be Rowett have you seen how his teams play? This is the man who thinks Ryan Shotton is a world beater. 

There will never be anything positive at the club while that owner is in charge, just an endless round of sackings and instability. 

I've not read through all 41 pages, I probably won't either TBH, I can guess what it's filled with. I just want to say I'm disappointed, but not even surprised by this decision.

I'm starting to wonder if MM is capable of taking a step back as a supporter of the club, and thinking more like an owner, I saw on Twitter someone posted that it looks like you're not allowed a bad run of form as a Derby manager anymore, I'm inclined to agree. 

Whoever we get in next, I hope MM will allow them time to reshape and work with the squad. I doubt it though. 

Dear Mel, please stop taking football club ownership lessions from the numpty down the road. You are quickly turning this club into a toxic pile of overpaid and underachieving of freeloaders.  

Stability throughout the club is needed, you cannot achieve that by sacking managers without giving them time to build a squad they are happy with. Clement, Pearson and Mac did not have enough time...5 bloody months, seriously we where relegation fodder when he arrived.

We are a joke of a club, sacking managers and then hiring a new one, then chucking money at them is a sure fired way of getting the wrong type in. Look at the bottom of this league, majority have the multi sack syndrome.

PS quite happy to repeat that to you in person.

Good news! Clement was an experiment worth making. Pearson's appointment made a lot of sense. McClaren coming back was greeted with astonishment and hilarity by everyone other than Derby County supporters. Thankfully Morris has corrected his aberration in time to give a new manager a chance to prepare for next season.

4 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Good news! Clement was an experiment worth making. Pearson's appointment made a lot of sense. McClaren coming back was greeted with astonishment and hilarity by everyone other than Derby County supporters. Thankfully Morris has corrected his aberration in time to give a new manager a chance to prepare for next season.

......And then ready for a another new manager in September!

When's the next Morris day then? Seems McLaren has been sacked and is the strong favorite to replace himself it's ridiculous..

Mel needs to take a leaf out of Fawaz's book he seems to be following it all along. He just needs to loan a few 'Top Championship Players' and all will be forgiven or get in Mourinho or bring Ferguson out of retirement.. 

Excellent news. I cant see him working in management again. He will become a pundit I am sure, and tell us how he would do it better, like that absolute neanderthal mouth breating knuckle dragger... Martin Keown.

Wanted to get my thoughts down on this.

I can't say I'm disappointed or surprised to see SMC go, performances, results and post match analysis has been woeful for months.

I would guess season ticket renewals are down and the sense of disillusionment at Pride Park is huge at the moment.

Whilst recognising the need for stability and a manager given time, I have questioned whether SMC was the right person for this. He is too inflexible and unable to exert his authority over a group of spoilt children. If Mel felt the same way, now is the time to make a change, not in the summer, give the new guy ten games to assess things.

However, there is no doubt it is the overpaid, undermotivated, bloated squad of players that need to be carrying some pretty major responsibility at the moment. I want the new manager to come in and quickly establish who is in, who is out, and use the rest of this season to work with those staying.

This decision will be vindicated by what happens in the summer. If we see the same squad in August, it will show the players are running the club and will mean the end of my patience. A major rebuild and it will make the sacking worth it. We need players who see playing here as a huge opportunity and are hungry for success, a pathway for youngsters to the 1st team, and players who don't think they are bigger than the manager.

As for Mel, he will be more desperate than anyone for success, but there must be better communication with the fan base, greater accountability for mistakes and demonstrate the patience and values that he himself says he has.

This one has to work. He needs a season minimum regardless of position. And most of all he needs our support.

10 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I Said at the time the worst thing that could happen to disrupt the firm foundations built over time was for a majority shareholder who was also a fan. I liked the yanks and their morales. WE ARE A JOKE!!!!!!!

I don't remember a mexican owner? Was he a minority shareholder?

With all this talk about a player type of revolt against the Manager, why would that necessarily be seen as a bad thing. If the players are not happy with the direction that the manager is taking them, and given the recent direction the performances seemed to be heading, wouldn't you want your team voicing their concern? Now I'm not for one moment suggesting that every time the players are not happy about something that they ask to have a manager sacked, but I'm sure that they have been asked to buy into what the chairman is trying to achieve, and perhaps they didn't see it being demonstrated by the manager, and felt compelled to raise the concern.

Having slept in it. I can understand McClaren being shown the door first time round because he was showing no loyalty to the club. 

Clement was an excellent signing as a manager who would have brought success to the club, sometimes matters outside of football determine that someone e has to go, and clearly he had to go. 

Enter Pearson and I can understand him recruiting him but prides Mel Morris for nipping that debacle in the bud when he did. 

I was happy with McClaren coming back and thought he gave a good honest interview after the Brighton game. I was shocked with his firing and thought it was a daft decision. 

Having said that, I have little knowledge of what is currently going on in the background and assume that Mel has a plan for his successor. 

I think that in some ways he has been unlucky but is clearly not afraid to make a big decision if it has gone wrong. I suspect that season ticket sales are a bit of a disaster  

I just hope that the successor is not Gary Rowett. I didn't like his football at Burton or B'ham, but I may be doing him a disservice if he was just getting the best out of what he was able to work with. 

I want to see a proper manager, with a strong assistant. Someone who believes in football being played on the grass and not in the air. We need someone who can create excitement on the pitch if only to send the miserable feckers on this forum back into their holes. 

24 minutes ago, WoollyJumper said:

With all this talk about a player type of revolt against the Manager, why would that necessarily be seen as a bad thing. If the players are not happy with the direction that the manager is taking them, and given the recent direction the performances seemed to be heading, wouldn't you want your team voicing their concern? Now I'm not for one moment suggesting that every time the players are not happy about something that they ask to have a manager sacked, but I'm sure that they have been asked to buy into what the chairman is trying to achieve, and perhaps they didn't see it being demonstrated by the manager, and felt compelled to raise the concern.

I've had it up to here with these players to be honest now. It seems every time the manager upsets them slightly, they just give up and go running to the chairman. I think our current mix of players is toxic and we need a massive clear out in the summer, and move back to players that the manager can trust. Going to be easier said than done to move some of these players on though.

7 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

I've had it up to here with these players to be honest now. It seems every time the manager upsets them slightly, they just give up and go running to the chairman. I think our current mix of players is toxic and we need a massive clear out in the summer, and move back to players that the manager can trust. Going to be easier said than done to move some of these players on though.

But do we really know that's whats happened? Or are we just making assumptions based on something appearing in someones report?

Archived