Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chop and change again. 

Whether you think Mac was the right man for the job or not, the fact is we won't get anywhere with the club being run like this at the top. How many managers since Wembley?

We have plenty of players who have been bought in by different managers leaving the squad totally unbalanced and frankly a mess. 

A total clear out is required, will the next guy get long enough to do it? Or will the chairman panic and pull the trigger again if he looks like struggling?

9 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Implication is that it was players who were signed after he left. That gives us:

Carson, Shackell, Baird, Pearce, Olsson, Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Anya, Blackman, Camara

The Daily Mail tend to be pretty spot on with their sports reporting - Laurie Whitwell is well-respected by football journalists. He knows his stuff. 

Bolloxx

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

"The club expects to make an announcement in relation to Steve’s successor in the next few days. "

Feel gutted for Chris Powell. Glad Evans is gone. Don't know how to feel about McClaren.

But Mel Morris? You've got some explaining to do. Get the guy on a Radio Derby talk in!! @OwenB87

We have asked. Not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Its getting to the point where any decent manager will look at us and go, 'lol, nope'.

Derby are becoming the new Leeds in terms of managers. Mind, they still have no problem getting them in somehow and it has finally clicked for them on the 14th spin (or however many they've had under that crazy italian, I've lost count)

Derby can get there one manager sooner, simply by not appointing any manager direct from Forest Green Rovers....

Absolutely spot on mel .

Once we dropped away from playoffs for the second time under him , it wouldn't have mattered who he would have signed in close season . The chance they will under perform again under mac is huge. Problem with mac is he is JUST a coach but his ego and ambition wants to be a manager. The problem is he cant see what he is good at and just stick to it.

Fab decision by Mel a new manager now has around 10 games to properly assess squad for summer spending.

So mel go and get

1. Gary rowett or yesssssss

2. Nigel clough ( would be interesting now we have money , what he has done with burton is nothing short of miraculous !! .A REAL achievement keeping them up if they stay up.

Ok so this was the wrong desicion. However I can't deny that Steve was a bit tactically-inept. As soon as teams began to figure us out he had no clue. He had no plan B. But Mel Morris doesn't know how to run a football club. I would've have kept him until next season to see if he could've done something and if it still wasn't working but not now. Not now a week away from the forest game. Also the chance that Chris Martin returns is also low now that the reason he wanted to return is gone.

Sacking Mac is a joke, come on Mel 5 months is not longer enough for any manager 5 managers in 15 months is a joke, so new manager comes in and by end of October we are in the bottom 3 he will be sacked to, it takes time to build a team, Mel must learn some patience, and I hope the next manager gets TIME.

2 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Ok so this was the wrong desicion. However I can't deny that Steve was a bit tactically-inept. As soon as teams began to figure us out he had no clue. He had no plan B. But Mel Morris doesn't know how to run a football club. I would've have kept him until next season to see if he could've done something and if it still wasn't working but not now. Not now a week away from the forest game. Also the chance that Chris Martin returns is also low now that the reason he wanted to return is gone.

jesus Christ the world does not revolve around chris martin or mr tippy tappy hughes .

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Two player of the year trophies in his cabinet equals one good season 

good one ?

This thread is about the managerial situation. Not Craig Bryson. 

We get that you're happy Mac has gone, because he didn't pick your boy, so tell us the name of the manager you do want...? 

1 minute ago, Warren Hobhead said:

This thread is about the managerial situation. Not Craig Bryson. 

We get that you're happy Mac has gone, because he didn't pick your boy, so tell us the name of the manager you do want...? 

Gary Rowett 

The mistake wasn't sacking him but reappointing him in the first place. After the way things were done at the time of his previous departure it was beyond belief that we took him back. To say nothing of the fact that he was helpless in arresting the slide last time as well.

I can understand the anger of the supporters who wanted him to stay but he would not have lasted beyond Oct 2017 because it would not have improved. Mel Morris has to get the next few decisions right or he will be looking at a lot of empty seats next season. If he's in a sacking mood he should be picking over the small print of SR's contract because he has overseen the shambles since the play off final.

Anyway, its the red dogs cup final on Saturday and we have a squad of players playing for their jobs so lets go out and kick the trap door open for them. COYRs

I think this was a really good decision 

The performances of late have been unacceptable 

We have a high calibre squad who, with the very rare exception, were underperforming.

In other words, he had lost the team and they didn't believe in him.

The Brighton performance did for him. And rightly so. It was an utter disgrace. And the touchline histrionics were the final nail in the coffin. They were the equivalent of gross misconduct. 

A weak individual who just wanted to be liked by everyone. His signings only reflected his own personality - the last thing we needed.

I have been to York, Doncaster, Man U , Spurs, Grimsby, Liverpool, Newcastle, Blackburn - never have I seem such an abject showing by a Derby County team as on friday night. 

End of season would have been too late , this timing is perfect. 

Archived