Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about for words. .. Can't even decide who's comments to like or not :blink:

My concern is that Derby ought to be the job that any manager outside the PL would want. But with the turnover we are seeing I struggle to see prime candidates rushing to apply. It seems that there IS someone in the wings. Must be brave or something entirely different ! Either a huge surprise or another lamb to the slaughter 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No matter which side if the fence you sit on in this fiasco there is one depressing fact that has been over looked. With Chris Powell gone, it means Wassell will more than likely be taking the  training in the morning. We need the new man in ASAP!!

Did Kevin Philips once again survive the cull? Cuz if ever there's a failed coach and he's the striker guy, then it's him. No idea.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Did Kevin Philips once again survive the cull? Cuz if ever there's a failed coach and he's the striker guy, then it's him. No idea.

Didn't mention him in the club statement so I presume he's still there. Might have something to do with his son playing in the academy I think.

26 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Ok so this was the wrong desicion. However I can't deny that Steve was a bit tactically-inept. As soon as teams began to figure us out he had no clue. He had no plan B. But Mel Morris doesn't know how to run a football club. I would've have kept him until next season to see if he could've done something and if it still wasn't working but not now. Not now a week away from the forest game. Also the chance that Chris Martin returns is also low now that the reason he wanted to return is gone.

A bit? What exactly was his plan A? 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Didn't mention him in the club statement so I presume he's still there. Might have something to do with his son playing in the academy I think.

Good god. He should have gone a long time ago because we have surely been the most inept attacking force in the league since he showed up, and without Tom Ince probably the most inept attack in dcfc history. 

30 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Absolutely spot on mel .

Once we dropped away from playoffs for the second time under him , it wouldn't have mattered who he would have signed in close season . The chance they will under perform again under mac is huge. Problem with mac is he is JUST a coach but his ego and ambition wants to be a manager. The problem is he cant see what he is good at and just stick to it.

Fab decision by Mel a new manager now has around 10 games to properly assess squad for summer spending.

So mel go and get

1. Gary rowett or yesssssss

2. Nigel clough ( would be interesting now we have money , what he has done with burton is nothing short of miraculous !! .A REAL achievement keeping them up if they stay up.

Sources close to Ben Robinson are saying a call has been made. 

2 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

Glad I didn't waste my money on renewing season tickets.

DNA ? Derby Not Anymore for me.

Fickle,derby is in my blood until i die,irrespective of who we have as an owner,a player or what position we hold 

I felt SM should have been given at least until next season but having listened to his post- Brighton interview I can't say I'm overly disappointed he's gone.

The team performance was abysmal. They just rolled over to get their bellies tickled and that's a terrible indictment of a substantial part of this squad which needs a drastic overhaul. Until a month ago I thought 2 or 3 key additions was all that was needed to restore some balance to the team but that feeling has been blown away by the performances since then.

But what's been worse is McClaren's failure to face the situation full on. To highlight that we've only been given the complete runaround by Newcastle, Leeds and now Brighton conveys to 'outsiders' that we've done OK in all the other games - we haven't. We've been poor to average in virtually every match since he replaced Pearson, despite the winning run and record number of clean sheets. I can only think of Wolves and Forest home fixtures where I've left the ground thinking 'that was good - more of the same and I can relax that we're back on track, if not this season but definitely next.

It wasn't happening so I'm not in the least surprised by todays' events. What concerns me is the dearth of suitable candidates to take over. Yes I'll be renewing for next season- that was never in doubt - but oh for a return of those feelings of anticipation going to matches. They'll come back one day but at the moment I haven't a clue when that will be.

Archived