Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about this, something doesn't add up. Our league position isn't ( I think ) sackable. I think its one of 3 things 

1. I'm completely wrong and he got sacked cause were 10th in the league

2.Mac has completely given up and said/done something that makes sacking the only option ( Clement syndrome).

the only reason I think this .......is his last interview. He looked broken,  he ran out of cliche's and could only say how good Brighton were (which they weren't really) I am too sceptical to see it any other way with Forest next -  as that can be the  final straw game, wanting to go while we're still 10 th and haven't been trounced by red dogs ( not my belief BTW 3-1 Derby). Making him still employable in a couple of years.

3. I'm wrong

i just saw this now and am flabbergasted.  Don't feel that Steve deserved this.  Was Mel really expecting a playoff position after the start of season shambles and this mixed bag of players?  If so, he's lost the plot.  i am just shaking my head and can't stop.  Ridiculous, unbelievable, wow just wow.  i didn't take the article from yesterday seriously, thought it was just media stirring trouble, what a fool i was to keep the faith

4 hours ago, valleyram said:

If the next bloke wants to keep his job I'd advise playing Bryso we are a better team with him in it , fact 

When bryson is fit and in the team I still love him like I did his first season under Nigel.

Lots of stop start and niggling injuries for Bryso (as well his knee) but he's better than a lot give him credit for.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

No he didn't. Given all the flack this was a brave move by Mel. He needs to redefine the Derby Way and go back to the whole footballing philosophy approach. We have a bloated squad of overpaid mediocrity and a new visionary man needs to come in and stick with the Derby plan. If it's true that all the scouts have gone that's good too!

The most upset group right now are forest fans who will know what an albatross manager we just axed.

Well the players went crying to Mel about past manager, why do you think he will allow a clear out, he won't he has invested too much into them.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well done Mel. Looking forward to my next trip to see the Rams already.

This will now put an end to every championship manager telling us what a quality squad Derby have, before they outwit, and produce very little to turn us over. Preston are above us in the league. Look what Huddersfield are achieving, how quickly Leeds have come on, Reading back up the table, Fulham back up the table and us still going round in a circle.

This time I think Mel will get it right, with his selection, and I think we'll fly because his new man won't put up with the predictable players that SM brought to the club in his previous stint, before he got carried away with his Newcastle Premiership dream.

Upwards and onwards. Keep The Faith.

Up The Rams.

Enjoying a Leffe, great news.

The snakes will cry to Mel Morris like babies as soon as they are told something they don't like, they will sulk for a few games and Mel will fire said manager., also the players Clement has brought in are even worse IMO.

Also why do you think he will get it right this time, he hasn't for the last three.

8 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Well the players went crying to Mel about past manager, why do you think he will allow a clear out, he won't he has invested too much into them.

If we're right to assume rumours are correct, this will be twice now that Mel has got shut of a manager who wanted to clear the decks. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if that's what Clement suggested, that a few 'golden boys' needed moving on. Hence he got the bullet.

We're a real shambles. 

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Taken from the DCFC website 12th October.

"Mel Morris, our Chairman, is clear about the plan for Derby County and we strongly believe that with Chris Powell, alongside Steve, we can ensure a successful future ahead.”

..........even Baldrick couldn't have come up with this cunning plan!

The guy is a talking contrdiction, I was behind his Clement sacking BTW for his reasons but they have proven untrue.

5 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Great decision. Can't blame the players, if the manager can't get them playing then its his problem.

Macs team selection on Friday night was nothing short of stupid and also his subs against Preston was crazy.

He crapped on us two years ago and now we've done the same. Good riddance to him.

McClaren, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, McClaren again, who can get them playing? Admit it they are not that good and they don't like being told that.

Mel just hired me as manager. 

I am on the training pitch with the lads at this moment, with Mel watching me train them. 

Hold on Mel is calling me across.

Damn he just fired me because he watched me training the team for 2 minutes and we did not score 3 goals. 

I tried to explain it is not easy to score while doing sit-ups, but he said it is not the Derby way. 

A mate sent me a message earlier while I was at the beach. I thought he was joking!

This is actually funny. I feel sorry for Mac. Picked up more points per game than most in this league, all without Martin, Fozzy and Thorne, while dealing with a completely unbalanced squad.

He's done a much better job than Steve Bruce at Villa, and spent about £30 million less.

Mel, you are an absoloute joke. You're either completely clueless to how football works, or you're advisors are completely clueless. Probably both. You've turned us into a QPR mark II.

Looks like Rowett has been lined up. So we've gone from players signed to fit a 433, to Clement's reign where we just threw big money on average players, to Pearson's 442 with more money wasted on Vydra and Anya, back to Mac's 433 with Nugent coming in and Martin getting a payrise, to now soon to be Rowett's counterattacking, hardworking style.

I can't wait to see the clusterfuxk of a squad we're going to have come September.

This is the most tragic and risible decision in a decade of absolute howlers.

Gary Rowett will be a great manager for the Rams.

However

He may think several times and several more before joining his dream club in a climate in which even instant success is no guarantee of job security.

Derby have now become a laughing stock in management terms. 

I'd sooner try being PM in these 'interesting times'.

When will we ever learn??☠??

7 hours ago, ostrichram said:

I think its the best decision of the season he would never have got us to the promise land ..what we now need is a manager we can all get behind and trust no matter what the so called experts on here think and a radicle shake up of the playing squad and I mean radicle

A new manager 'we could all get behind'? We could have a hybrid of Conte, Pochettino, Hiddink and Ol' Big 'Ed and he still wouldn't be good enough for half the folk on here!

Archived