Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

quote from the daily mail

"Sources indicate senior players not signed by the former England manager during his first spell held reservations about his style."

some of these players are absolutely toxic and need to get out of this club ASAP

Don't believe a word of that.

stirring.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tbf, Wassal got us into the playoffs which is more than shteve has done this year... But we need the permanent manager in sooner rather than later.

A bit different when Wassall took over we were still in the top 6, where Mac took over with us in the bottom 3 and inheriting Pearson's signings plus the fact he shipped out 2 centrebacks which we are currently short of and also shipped out our top scorer.

I think its the best decision of the season he would never have got us to the promise land ..what we now need is a manager we can all get behind and trust no matter what the so called experts on here think and a radicle shake up of the playing squad and I mean radicle

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Wassall got us into the play-offs and we actually played some decent football under him, at times. The football could be erratic but he did what was asked of him. 

I don't pretend to understand his reputation. 

Fair point, he did get us in the play offs just didn't come across very well for me and his management of the Rotherham away game was bizarre,  or as you say erratic. Gotta say his last game in charge was one of the best Derby performances in recent times but he's definitely not the man to take us forward.  

1 minute ago, ostrichram said:

I think its the best decision of the season he would never have got us to the promise land ..what we now need is a manager we can all get behind and trust no matter what the so called experts on here think and a radicle shake up of the playing squad and I mean radicle

Ahem. :whistle:

I wonder what Sam Rush thinks of all this. His Man sacked for a second time. I look forward to a new "coffee time with Sam and John Vicars" video, explaining how well we've done over the past 3 years and how it's all down to him!

You couldn't make this up. Feel sorry for Steve and Chris Powell but not at all surprised. I've no idea where we go from here. God help the new man, whoever it is.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

quote from the daily mail

"Sources indicate senior players not signed by the former England manager during his first spell held reservations about his style."

some of these players are absolutely toxic and need to get out of this club ASAP

A complete joke. Too much player power here

4 years' worth at Derby - Clough (last 6 months) - Wassall (3 days) - McClaren (18 months) - Clement (8 months) - Wassall (3 months) - Pearson (4 months) - Powell (2 weeks) - McClaren (5 months) - ???? (last 13 games if he's lucky)

That's 9 managers with the newby..........Feckin 9!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't be that the squad's at all to blame though, can it.....

Just now, ostrichram said:

Why does McClaren need to be sacked to have a radical shake-up of the squad?

Most people are blaming our poor run on two things - an unbalanced squad and players lacking desire. The first has literally nothing to do with McClaren and the second has been demonstrated at points for each of our last three managers.

Somemone also just said that they thought it was good Mac was sacked and then partially blamed our form on having Thorne injured...

I didn't have much faith in McClaren either, for the record, but don't think it's fair to sack him when he's steered us clear of trouble and not had a proper summer to start the job properly. At least the new man has that.

I just find it interesting that even the McClaren Out brigade list lots of things wrong, with very few of them being within his control.

4 minutes ago, ostrichram said:

what we now need is a radicle shake up of the playing squad and I mean radicle

I don't think you do.

Archived