Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Thanks to Mrs hants demanding that I cover for her I'll miss the match.

Got a plan for the rugger - dog walking and weekly shop permitting :)

Mrs Stockholm on work duty call all weekend too...but the boy and me have pizza, cheese doodles, Swedish choccie and pop plus TV control written all over this afternoon/ evening... 

Not going to be there in person. Stopped listening to the match commentaries on RamPlayer because Ed Dawes and Rammer wind me up. But I might start again for this one...

Which of the new managers will get the higher bounce I've no idea. I think it'll be fascinating to see. 

As a staunch Mac-ite I'm still feeling a bit numb from the week's events and probably won't be hugely depressed if we lose... 

Think it'll probably be a cagey draw - but we'll see...

Up The Rams ? - Down With The Red Scum ?

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

It's only banter mate, I nearly didn't get a ticket myself.

I make a point of never, ever going to the theatre of gumps.

The last time I went there was in 1971.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Thanks to Mrs hants demanding that I cover for her I'll miss the match.

Got a plan for the rugger - dog walking and weekly shop permitting :)

Plan for rugger - don't do the dog walking or the weekly shopping whilst the game is on

Sometimes people who are ITK tell me things and I’m always very flattered and I confess it’s great to know things about the club that other people don’t. At the same time, I’m aware the club really hates leaks so I’m discreet about what I reveal. For instance, when I broke the De Sart signing I did it in code, in the style of a seventeenth century scientist. They did that so later they could claim they were also aware of a breakthrough someone was claiming as their own work!

Also, when I speak with coaches and managers one of their pet peeves is that players are only in it for themselves and will often reveal when they’re not in the side, giving the opposition a heads up. We’ve seen that at Derby and it’s deeply unprofessional. I’d always fine players for it.

As sometimes happens I heard team news yesterday, but I make it a rule never share these things publicly until just before the teams are released. It would be wrong for the forum to reveal it to Warburton and allow him to adapt his plans accordingly.

But, as it’s almost that time, I can let on that there’s no place for Hughes, Bent, Christie or Butterfield in the starting lineup.

From a purely personal point of view and not based on any insider knowledge whatsoever, I worry about Will, having come back from such a terrible injury. He was playing well and bossing that first cup match against Leicester, but then took a knock and was forced off, leading to us drawing the tie. And since he’s come back he’s just been a very pale shadow of his normal self. I hope he’s OK. If he’s not we shouldn’t be taking any risks with him.

Would have had Hughes in there but can understand Bryson in a game like this. Lineup looks good to me, glad to see Baird back in and I hope vydra is in the hole where he'll perform best. Johnsons return will also be key imo, we massively missed his physical presence against Brighton 

Archived