Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Russell behind Nugent is very interesting 

So the plan is for Russell to get on to the all the flick-ons that Nugent won't win, or maybe we're expecting Russell to suddenly turn into a creative midfielder, and start playing through balls for the other forwards :blink:.  Baffling lineup. 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sometimes people who are ITK tell me things and I’m always very flattered and I confess it’s great to know things about the club that other people don’t. At the same time, I’m aware the club really hates leaks so I’m discreet about what I reveal. For instance, when I broke the De Sart signing I did it in code, in the style of a seventeenth century scientist. They did that so later they could claim they were also aware of a breakthrough someone was claiming as their own work!

Also, when I speak with coaches and managers one of their pet peeves is that players are only in it for themselves and will often reveal when they’re not in the side, giving the opposition a heads up. We’ve seen that at Derby and it’s deeply unprofessional. I’d always fine players for it.

As sometimes happens I heard team news yesterday, but I make it a rule never share these things publicly until just before the teams are released. It would be wrong for the forum to reveal it to Warburton and allow him to adapt his plans accordingly.

But, as it’s almost that time, I can let on that there’s no place for Hughes, Bent, Christie or Butterfield in the starting lineup.

From a purely personal point of view and not based on any insider knowledge whatsoever, I worry about Will, having come back from such a terrible injury. He was playing well and bossing that first cup match against Leicester, but then took a knock and was forced off, leading to us drawing the tie. And since he’s come back he’s just been a very pale shadow of his normal self. I hope he’s OK. If he’s not we shouldn’t be taking any risks with him.

Glad you told us that. Don't think I could have waited another 4 minutes for the teams to be announced

Archived