Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason people have started two other threads on the game and the mods haven't merged them, so I'm sending this one back to the top where it belongs.

No, of course no one's going to boo our own players. We're playing the gumps.

Yes, maybe there should have been a beamback, but morale hasn't exactly been high.

It's been on the floor at their end too and they were expecting a sub-25k crowd, but maybe with Warburton there's going to be a few more buns on seats. Fridgey using his loaf for once?

Keogh and Johnson are back in training. We hope everyone will be bursting a gut to impress the new boss. When Darren Robinson was in the Florest crowd at the weekend some of them wondered if Rowett was going there, but hopefully he was  scouting the opposition for his mate. Though now Warburton's in charge we don't know how useful that will prove.

Great if Bristol City can win on Friday night as then it will mean we could send them into the relegation zone if we win, so they would be bound to be nervous. Especially if the fans can get "Going down going down going down" echoing round the half-empty stands. Man for man we have the better players and everything else is up in the air, so it may just be we can get the points and do the double over the red dogs and salvage something from the season.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's been on the floor at their end too and they were expecting a sub-25k crowd, but maybe with Warburton there's going to be a few more buns on seats. Fridgey using his loaf for once?

Should be close to a full house due to the new managers / new optimism by the time Saturday comes around.  

Not many left for sale on the website if anyone fancies going in the home end.  

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For some reason people have started two other threads on the game and the mods haven't merged them, so I'm sending this one back to the top where it belongs.

No, of course no one's going to boo our own players. We're playing the gumps.

Yes, maybe there should have been a beamback, but morale hasn't exactly been high.

Keogh and Johnson are back in training. We hope everyone will be bursting a gut to impress the new boss. When Darren Robinson was in the Florest crowd at the weekend some of them wondered if Rowett was going there, but hopefully he was  scouting the opposition for his mate. Though now Warburton's in charge we don't know how useful that will prove.

Great if Bristol City can win on Friday night as then it will mean we could send them into the relegation zone if we win, so they would be bound to be nervous. Especially if the fans can get "Going down going down going down" echoing round the half-empty stands. Man for man we have the better players and everything else is up in the air, so it may just be we can get the points and do the double over the red dogs and salvage something from the season.

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Awesome. I am traveling across he state during the game so I will be able to watch the game on a bus in Florida...how times have changed. 

How times have changed indeed. You saying "Awesome" :lol:

Bradley Johnson is also available for this one. Good. ? if Cyrus Christie trained today then he'll be involved for tomorrow game. 

Team lineups at midday tomorrow one to look out for. ????

2 hours ago, admira said:

The game has a TV symbol against it on the William Hilll website I'm told. Hopefully I can pop into the bookies tab Skeg and watch it 

Being a Homer Simpson with this stuff, do I have to go to bookies to watch then? 

I booked day off on the assumption it was tv but I have William Hill App, don't suppose I can get it on that? 

Or will I have to drive in to Derbyshire for radio ? 

Listening to Rowett in his interviews so far, he's already mentioned a couple of times that there's a need for our squad of individuals to form some form of a team (which a lot of fans would agree with) and that means that he won't necessarily pick the best XI players available. 

He also mentioned that teams do well when they have a mix of skill players (in attacking positions) as well as hard working defensive minded players behind them to support their creativity.

To that end, my prediction:

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Ollsson

Butterfield Johnson

Ince Hughes Russell

Nugent

no idea for subs.

PistoldPete2

I guess forest will be favourites as they have more to play for and home advantage.  The change of manager may improve both teams, but again with home advantage I think forest will be expecting the change of manager to work more in their favour for this one. 

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I guess forest will be favourites as they have more to play for and home advantage.  The change of manager may improve both teams, but again with home advantage I think forest will be expecting the change of manager to work more in their favour for this one. 

They certainly need the 3pts more than us. Pressure on them. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Being a Homer Simpson with this stuff, do I have to go to bookies to watch then? 

I booked day off on the assumption it was tv but I have William Hill App, don't suppose I can get it on that? 

Or will I have to drive in to Derbyshire for radio ? 

If you live outside the UK you can watch it on William Hill, as long as you meet the minimum bet criteria.

1 euro on Fawaz shagging a sheep in the centre circle at half time would be my choice, 7/4 is fair enough.

Archived