Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

How times have changed that Ince gets into the 'grafters' category. 

I think Ince is there for his end product. 

I referred to grafters in relation to the midfield three really. The three selected usually always run, graft, get stuck in etc. It's a local Derby. I understand it, just about. Don't agree with it though. 

We pasted Forest playing football earlier in the season.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson didn't play Hughes either to start with. Hopefully a break gives him time to get fit again - not been great of late.

Other than that looking forward to seeing what we can do - especially if Russell is playing as a no 10.

Quoting @Carl Sagan

From a purely personal point of view and not based on any insider knowledge whatsoever, I worry about Will, having come back from such a terrible injury. He was playing well and bossing that first cup match against Leicester, but then took a knock and was forced off, leading to us drawing the tie. And since he’s come back he’s just been a very pale shadow of his normal self. I hope he’s OK. If he’s not we shouldn’t be taking any risks with him.

I concur, It would be handy if Rowett made openness one of the things he'd like to improve. I mean the lack of news on Thorne's recovery annoys me. If Hughes is not quite right fitness wise, let us know otherwise people couldn't be blamed if they wonder if he doesn't rate what he brings to the team.

That said, I hope he get's off to a flyer today and the lads make us proud again. COYR. ? 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Russell will be in the hole so he can press the back line and cause havoc with their playing out the back I suspect, leaving the technical widemen to come inside and try to evade their markers when on the counter

No. Russell will be in the hole so all the Football Manager veterans can slag him and the manager off.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Quoting @Carl Sagan

From a purely personal point of view and not based on any insider knowledge whatsoever, I worry about Will, having come back from such a terrible injury. He was playing well and bossing that first cup match against Leicester, but then took a knock and was forced off, leading to us drawing the tie. And since he’s come back he’s just been a very pale shadow of his normal self. I hope he’s OK. If he’s not we shouldn’t be taking any risks with him.

I concur, It would be handy if Rowett made openness one of the things he'd like to improve. I mean the lack of news on Thorne's recovery annoys me. If Hughes is not quite right fitness wise, let us know otherwise people couldn't be blamed if they wonder if he doesn't rate what he brings to the team.

That said, I hope he get's off to a flyer today and the lads make us proud again. COYR. ? 

We had news a few weeks back that said he had another operation and was expecting to be back pre season.

I guess unless something drastic changes there is no more news to give.

Just now, cannable said:

Opinions not allowed folks. 

Andy has spoken.

Don't be an arse. A lot of the opinions expressed in this thread appear to be based on a match that has yet to take place.

They are just designed to allow know-alls to say 'told you so' and feel smug after the fact. That's not opinion for the sake of discussion. It's worthless.

Think people need to understand that rowett will pick teams based on the immediate game ahead, and the best lineup to win that game. This is not nessercerily what he considers his best 11, but the best team to beat forest today. There will be reasoning behind some of the more interesting calls

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't be an arse. A lot of the opinions expressed in this thread appear to be based on a match that has yet to take place.

They are just designed to allow know-alls to say 'told you so' and feel smug after the fact. That's not opinion for the sake of discussion. It's worthless.

Don't be an arse? 

People are merely pointing out the fact that it would appear we are going down the hard worker route as opposed to utilising our ball players. 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Opinions not allowed folks. 

Andy has spoken.

I think what he's getting at is that no matter what team he picks, it'll be wrong.

Some in shock at leaving the "footballers" out and going for grafters.

Yeah because those players got us into the top 6 haven't they!.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We had news a few weeks back that said he had another operation and was expecting to be back pre season.

I guess unless something drastic changes there is no more news to give.

I missed that, that's my fault then and I hold my hands up. Still wonder about Will being on the bench today mind, is he still not quite ready ? Does he not fancy him in this game ? 

I hope it's the former, don't want none of this Pearson against Brighton business at the start of the season. I'm full of goodwill for him today so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Just now, cannable said:

Don't be an arse? 

People are merely pointing out the fact that it would appear we are going down the hard worker route as opposed to utilising our ball players. 

Which ball players? One of them has been poor for the last few games as well as injured. Another one who has been poor all season and has such a lack of confidence that he can't pass the ball forward. The other is Ince.

Based on what he has seen over the last few days and the conversations he has had with players and staff, this is the team he has picked in order to win a local derby away from home.

I would suggest he will pick Hughes when he's properly fit (or not sulking or whatever is going on) and Butterfield will get a game when he has realised that he doesn't have to try to be Ray Wilkins. Or when someone else is injured.

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I think what he's getting at is that no matter what team he picks, it'll be wrong.

Some in shock at leaving the "footballers" out and going for grafters.

Yeah because those players got us into the top 6 haven't they!.

T'would be nice to have somebody who's gonna get their foot on the ball though. Not too sure Bryson will be very effectual unless it's a case of him being allowed to buzz around and get forward whilst BJ sits.

Just entered the ramshackle city ground and realised how lucky we are as Rams fans that we dont have to come to this cesspit every week , agree with team selection , grafters needed in a Local Derby , think the 3 behind Nugent will interchange during the game , bound to confuse the not so bright gumps , looking forward to it , lets add to their woes and take 3pts back up the 52 , COYR

Archived