Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cannable said:

Good young team that. We'll be in Europe if we spend fifty odd million on that. 

I guarantee we spend £20m on that team and we will walk this league. We already blow teams away with the speed of our attacks. Even 1-0 down in the 90th minute we still believe 3pts possible. We always comeback

With the current system of playing two holding midfield players not exactly working , its no surprise as we struggle to find one holding midfielder, i think we have two options for the next game.

One is to go back to the familar 433  using Johnson or Baird as the controller depending on fitness just for this game.

Carson

Baird            keogh               Pearce         Lowe

Johnson

Bryson                 Hughes

Ince                           Nugent                     Russell/Anya/Vydra

The other option is the 5212 with wingbacks which would be a risk as we have not played it all season but i think would work best going forward. It should get more players in the box when attacking. A diamond in midfield. Almost the same system that was used when we got promoted under Jim Smith when Steve Mac was the assistant.

Carson

Keogh                Pearce

Anya                         Johnson                      Lowe

Bryson                Hughes

Ince

Nugent              Vydra

The best i can come up with for 442 is

Carson

Baird         Keogh             Pearce          Lowe

Russell     Hughes          Johnson       Anya

Nugent           Vydra

Whatever system is used if the players are in the right frame of mind they will win. They better be for this one. coyr.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:27, Warren Hobhead said:

Carson

Baird        Keogh  Shackell      Lowe

Johnson

Bryson   Hughes

Ince              Nugent            Vydra

Doh I forgot Nugent, I'd go for that if Keogh & Shacks are fit.

Just now, GerryDaly said:

I'm really hoping they get stuck with Warburton. 

He was pants at Rangers. :D

He was you're right... but at Brentford he took a very very average side to the play off semi's, only to lose out to a very very good boro side. 

I think if he is backed in all departments by Fawaz, He could do something special there. It won't happen because Fawaz will mess things up some how, but I wouldn't be so confident.

13 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He was you're right... but at Brentford he took a very very average side to the play off semi's, only to lose out to a very very good boro side. 

I think if he is backed in all departments by Fawaz, He could do something special there. It won't happen because Fawaz will mess things up some how, but I wouldn't be so confident.

Yes true re his tenure at Brentford and that's why he's still got some high stock in England... his stock north of the border is as bad as Stevie Macs .

I've read the olympiacos owner taking over at forest is back on ... so Warburton may get some backing .. 

But that greek guy is wacko too and a crook ... so er...... 

I'm just glad they are just down the road from us because they make us look like a paragon of how a club should be run :lol:

4 minutes ago, Boldy said:

With all the interest in this match plus the  Management movement and the game being a local derby. You would of thought Mel + Co would of organised a "Beam - Back" to Pride Park????

To boldly go where no one has gone before?

8 minutes ago, Boldy said:

With all the interest in this match plus the  Management movement and the game being a local derby. You would of thought Mel + Co would of organised a "Beam - Back" to Pride Park????

Can we have another forrest v DERBY thread pleeeez ? 

Archived